Rendorosity Bi-Monthly Challenge.

StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
edited January 2016 in Bryce Discussion

Just been to Rendorosity's Bryce forum and they are considering bringing back A Bi-Monthly Challenge.

They are trying to find out who would be interested in it.

I just thought as we already have a monthly one here, some of us may be interested in that too.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If you notice, ours is also Bi-Monthly Stuart, as it ends the end of one month, then starts again halfway through the next month, so runs 6 weeks ort so.   I would hate for us to promote moving over to a different one, while we are working so hard to keep Bryce visible to DAZ 3D.

BTW unsolicited links to off site forums are not encouraged, so I have removed your link

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

I did'nt suggest moving over to different one at all. I just thought members here might like to enter another one.

If they don't want to then they wont, it's no big deal.

Sorry about the link.

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120

I always champion any challenges for Bryce. The way it's run here is a lot fairer because you have judges. The renderosity one relied on the participants voting and it wasn't annonymous. In the end the Renderosity challenge became a farce as you had friends voting for one another etc. I also like the fact that you can post wip on the challenge thread here and people seem to want to make your artwork better regardless of competition. That said I like The Bryster (forum mod) over at rendo and hope it gets some recognition because the place is very quiet these days.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

From what I see in the Rendo galleries, it indeed depends on who you are. Well known folks get much more attention, the quality of the artwork is not taken into account. I suspect that would be the same for a challenge. The forum is even quieter than the one here. It was a bit more lifely before the site was rebuilt.

Horo said:

From what I see in the Rendo galleries, it indeed depends on who you are. Well known folks get much more attention, the quality of the artwork is not taken into account. I suspect that would be the same for a challenge. The forum is even quieter than the one here. It was a bit more lifely before the site was rebuilt.

Been my bug bear for years over there Horo. Members with circles of friends producing the same migraine inducing sphere over water images everyday to rounds of endless fake superlatives in the hope that they would recieve the same generic comment on their work. A few times somebody would politely point out that an image may be imroved and they were roundly turned on for being Bullys. Yeras back when Rendo was a lot busier it wasn't such a problem because there were many talented artists posting in the gallery. Thats what makes this place refreshing as I mentioned, people want to help and people want to learn here.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

I learned most of what I know at byrce5.com. Many great artists posted artwork and gave even greater advice. Meanwhile, it's almost my private gallery. Though there are still many visitors daily, they are not commenting or posting. At Rendo, I observed that only praise is given (if commented at all) and this may be good for the ego but doesn't help you advance. I also noticed that there are still many using Bryce 4 and 5. Forum mod Bryster is OK, he was here on the Bryce 7 beta team.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The Bryster is a great guy, even if he was always threatening me with a vist to the "comfi chair" for heresy.  (Heresy is not being a Bryce purist)

When he discovered that we had moved to Wales I even got an invite to pop up and visit, however the southern foorthills of the Brecon Beacons to the Snowdonia region is quite a long drive, and not a partuclarly easy one, due to all the ups and downs and zig zags along the route, so I haven't made it yet.

Chohole said:

The Bryster is a great guy, even if he was always threatening me with a vist to the "comfi chair" for heresy.  (Heresy is not being a Bryce purist)

When he discovered that we had moved to Wales I even got an invite to pop up and visit, however the southern foorthills of the Brecon Beacons to the Snowdonia region is quite a long drive, and not a partuclarly easy one, due to all the ups and downs and zig zags along the route, so I haven't made it yet.

Ah yes Heresy. He's got a great sense of humour.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    Horo said:

From what I see in the Rendo galleries, it indeed depends on who you are. Well known folks get much more attention, the quality of the artwork is not taken into account. I suspect that would be the same for a challenge.

I have known other 3d type sites to be that way also. Unprofessional and very immature is my thoughts

I really like how people help others out here and give advice. I asked a question in Rendersity about.. oh, adding content from there to Daz. Directions with the freebies really were not very good. One person answered and said why are you not using the daz installer. Being new I was like ummm duh?? Any who, as to not cause a ruckus. lol I said," Forget I will figure it out like I usually do." I think I finally asked here and got a way better answer, but I still ended up figuring out partially on my own. LOL

I like everyone here so far way better. The Bryce peeps are really great!! :)