We need more asian inspired clothing etc :)

I would love to see more asian inspired stuff. Like my favorite character from the movie Rebel Moon, Nemesis alias Bae Doona or stuff from the upcoming video game Black Myth - Wukong

https://beebom.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Nemesis.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

https://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/black-myth-wukong-HD-scaled.jpg

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

So Chinese? "Asian" isn't a single style.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,358

The first one looks more Korean-inspired to me (especially the hat)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,831

There are lots of Asian-inspired clothes in the store, but unfortunately most of them are sexy "kimonos".

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,096
    edited July 17

I think the hat on Nemesis is just a fantasy style design rather than a "Gat" from korean traditional Hanbok 'cause the gat is men's wear... not for women ~~

The armor on Wukong (Monkey King) is more or less a typical design from the armor style in Tang Dynasty... If someone wants to make it, better make a Wukong togeter. cool

Post edited by crosswind on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,358

It's definitely not a traditional Korean outfit, it's from a science fiction movie. That's why I said Korean-inspired.

Leana said:

It's definitely not a traditional Korean outfit, it's from a science fiction movie. That's why I said Korean-inspired.

Sorry ~ my bad English !

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 280

Gordig said:

https://www.daz3d.com/wukong-king

just saw it! that was a very quick fulfillment of my wishes laugh

Unfortunately, that armor is not the expected one, the design looks neither fish nor fowl ~~

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068

Gordig said:

https://www.daz3d.com/wukong-king

That was fast.  Maybe they got AI to create it for you. :)

• JuNeJuNe Posts: 87

Still, I'd like to second the need for more authentic asian wear, regardless of culture. Western asian, eastern asian, central asian.

What I'd love to see for G9 is a full Japanese Kimono, not just these sexy shorties, or traditional Thai/Vietnamese/historical Chinese wear. I don't dare to beg for "Arabic" stuff, because that was scarce for any other figure, too (save for harem pants of course), but even the more "mainstream" parts are practically non-existent for G9. There's not even a Gi out for G9. I don't know what has happened, but for G8, that was out pretty quickly when Mai Lin and Lee came out. We only have some Indian inspired dresses and a few Mongolian inspired things for Ghengis Khan.

And yes, I know, it's barbaric to reduce all of the magnificence of asian cultures to the "mainstream" / stereotypical pieces, but I can also understand that content creators have to balance work hours vs. expected income, and niche stuff doesn't sell well. Still, I think at least some Anime enthusiasts would love some pieces, wouldn't they?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,831

JuNe said:

I don't dare to beg for "Arabic" stuff, because that was scarce for any other figure, too (save for harem pants of course), but even the more "mainstream" parts are practically non-existent for G9.

The Maryam bundle included several pieces of contemporary Arab (or more broadly Islamic) clothing, xtrart3D has made a few hijabs, and Meshitup has released several (admittedly more historical than contemporary) outfits from the Middle East and other underrepresented areas.

• Sky FlashSky Flash Posts: 13

Why does the Monkey King have human feet and no tail?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,009

@FantasArt, This PA has had some outfits that seem to be traditional and specify the ethnic group it represents. https://www.daz3d.com/wsmonkeyking.

They are doing contemporay clothing recently, but with a more Asian aesthetic. 

• JuNeJuNe Posts: 87
    edited August 26

Gordig said:

JuNe said:

I don't dare to beg for "Arabic" stuff, because that was scarce for any other figure, too (save for harem pants of course), but even the more "mainstream" parts are practically non-existent for G9.

The Maryam bundle included several pieces of contemporary Arab (or more broadly Islamic) clothing, xtrart3D has made a few hijabs, and Meshitup has released several (admittedly more historical than contemporary) outfits from the Middle East and other underrepresented areas.

I was looking for historical stuff for my fantasy rpg characters. Maybe the historical outfits have evaded my attention (there were a few times when I wasn't able to look into th store for weeks). Thanks, now I know where to look. But especially for females, everything that wouldn't show any sexy parts seems to have gone. At least for G9. G8 had some. But the conversion, especially of layered outfits, can be a pain in the rectum.

Post edited by JuNe on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,003

FantastArt said:

I would love to see more asian inspired stuff.

Yeah... Searching for Japanese school uniforms, but can't find any...cheeky