hi guys, I am having problems with Anatomical Elements

davido_salamancadavido_salamanca Posts: 0
edited July 16 in Daz Studio Discussion

anyone knows why this happens when I am trying to apply genitalia to my DAZ 3D figure??

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,075

Which figure and anatomical elements? If you mean the lack of textues, you will either need tore apply the materials to the figure after loading the elements or apply a separate preset for the elements that is supplied with the character - assuming that the character supports the anatomical elements set that you are using. Some third-party alternatives instead have some kind of script that copies the settings from the body across - though I don't know how well that works for the male elements.

• Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 380

Hello, I have a similar problem.

After loading a G8F figure into the scene, I applied the Anatomical elements to that figure.

Applied the Genesis 8 default texture with no avail.

Previously I did that with no problems.

The anatomical Elements comes with the Victoria 8 Pro Bundle.

Now I am not sure if something is causing the problem.

I have reset Daz Studio to the Default as if installed for the first time.

I want to avert to uninstalling everything and start again, I leave this as a last resort option.

Thanks beforehand for anyone that may come to assist me.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

Halcon Bluesky said:

Hello, I have a similar problem.

After loading a G8F figure into the scene, I applied the Anatomical elements to that figure.

Applied the Genesis 8 default texture with no avail.

Previously I did that with no problems.

The anatomical Elements comes with the Victoria 8 Pro Bundle.

Now I am not sure if something is causing the problem.

I have reset Daz Studio to the Default as if installed for the first time.

I want to avert to uninstalling everything and start again, I leave this as a last resort option.

Thanks beforehand for anyone that may come to assist me.

There is no textures for anatomical elements for the base characters, and never has been.

Victoria 8 has materials, so if you apply her skin it should work.

For characters without genital textures, there is a kind of workaround where you apply the torso surface material, and then change the UV. 

Thanks felis for your reply, I has been trying to locate this thread and found it again.

Now something extrange is happening with G9F figures.

It does not work as it used to be when you posted a workaround for that figure with Iray PBRSkin in the shader Presets.

I have uninstalled Daz Studio and all assets and re-installled again, same problem, any suggestions?

Sorry for bothering with this question, thanks!

When saying it doesn't work like it used to, can you elaborate on how is it working, and what is not working or working differently?

After applying the female anatomical elements, I selected it and applied the DazPBRSkin from the Shader presets.

Then I selected th G9F figure and copied the skin material from the body in the Surface tab and pasted into the anatomical elements and scrolled down and selected the new UV.

This operation should changed it, but I see a dark triangle instead.

Did I miss something?

Not sure what the issue might be.

If you select the genitalia in the surface tab, after having switched to G9_f_body_UV and swith your viewport to UV View, it should look like the attached.

Does it do that?

DS_G9F_genitals_UV.PNG
    906 x 731 - 13K

felis Thanks for your assistance, I believe this issue is solved.

I had forgot to install the "Alternativ UV map for G9 female anatomical elements" I did everything else according to your intructions

Is working fine again, thank you!