finding models on daz 4.22 pro

hello

ive just bought a model from renderosity for daz studio, ive put all the files in the relevent folders but i now cant find the actual model in the programme, my fiancee has got daz studio 4.15 and the folder structure is completely different to his. 

if anyone can direct me to where it can be located. that would be much appreciated 

Thank you 

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,749

As you have manually installed the content by copying the folders across then it will be located wherever you placed the user-facing files - hopefully you remember where you copied them to.

It will not show up at all under either the "Smart Content" or "Products"/"Categories" sections of "Content Library" due to not having any meta-data.

• Hello,

ive had a look both on and off the programme for the files but we have had no luck at all. even my fiancee has had problems finding the files aswell. if someone could please provide a picture tutorial then that would be great 

thank you

• felisfelis Posts: 4,165

Not sure what you want.

But for COntent Library maybe see this

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,350

richardson_laura14 said:
    ive put all the files in the relevent folders

ive had a look both on and off the programme 

Not sure how both these things can be true... but ok

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 594

richardson_laura14 said:

Hello,

ive had a look both on and off the programme for the files but we have had no luck at all. even my fiancee has had problems finding the files aswell. if someone could please provide a picture tutorial then that would be great 

thank you

I manually install Renderosity content in Daz Studio (4.21) with some frequency.  Hopefully, you still have the content’s zip files(s).  If so, either extract the content into a new folder on your desktop or double click into the zip folders to explore where the folders were designed to be placed  Once you know that, you can find the files in Daz Studio’s mapped folders under Das Studio Formats, Poser Formats, etc. in your Content Library.  Attached is a screen capture of my Content Library.

Once you know the place(s) where the content is in your Content Library, navigate there in the Content Library.  Right click on the folder where the content is located and select Create a Product from (second atttached image).  Type in your desired name and click Accept.  If the content is in more than one location (Figures, Materials, Pose, etc.), then repeat the Create a Product from process with each location.  Once you have created a new product, then for each subsequent create product action for the same product name, type (or better yet, copy and paste) the product name that you created the first time into the Product Exists popup window and then click Yes.  When done, you will have the product in your Products library and in Smart Content.

You’ll want to add a thumbnail for the product in your Daz Studio's Runtime/Support folder as well as edit/add metadata for Type(s) such as Prop, Hair, etc. and, separately, assign Categories to product assets.

Content Library.jpg
    569 x 680 - 77K
    Create a Product from.jpg
    440 x 508 - 57K
  • hello

is there anyway i can go back to the previous version of daz studio as im findng the daz studio 4.22 far too complicated to work with 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,749

richardson_laura14 said:

hello

is there anyway i can go back to the previous version of daz studio as im findng the daz studio 4.22 far too complicated to work with 

If you did not save a downloaded zip file of an earlier version then no - there are no official ways to get earlier versions of the software. I would recommend installing the beta in addition to the normal version since that would allow you to play around with the forthcoming features while not upgrading the main app so you can use that to test out if the new changes suit you. Also, start copying the application zip files to a separate location so you can go back to those versions if need be.

• Right ok, is there a daz studio 4.15 installation to download 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,358

Older versions are not available for download anymore once a new one is released.