Pizza making equipment

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,449
edited June 29 in Freebies

I am slowly putting together bits & bobs relating to pizzas. There is a Pizza Cutter, Pizza Serving Slice and the thing I suddenly realised, you can't cut a Pizza directly on a table, so the first prop is a Baking Tray that can be used for cooking the Pizza (if rather over filled & sloppy) and cutting the pizza on it.

So, here's a model of a tray with textures photographed from a regularly used tray in our cupboard. It's 33 years old, so is <heavily> textured by use. As I type, the original is in the oven, drip catching from a pie. It's real, and has a very different texture top & bottom.

Anyway, I hope you find this little freebie fills a niche in your 3D kitchen.

Regards,

Richard.

Baking Tray Promo.png
800 x 800 - 672K
zip
zip
Baking Tray.zip
2M
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,449
    edited June 29
    Status on the cutter and slice: The cutter is fully modelled, tex mapped, rigged etc and I have done a wearable preset for G8F's right hand. Need to do left hand, G8M left and right, as well as G9 left and right. The slice (serving tool to pick up a pizza segment) is modelled & tex mapped and in the DS content library. Need to start the wearable presets for G8 and G9. I've done a series of morphs to Pre-Fox's scanned pizza to move the cut slice. When I tried to find the URL for it so I could point others to it, I was disappointed to find that Pre-Fox no longer seems to have any freebies at Rendo any more. Shame. Regards, Richard.
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,528

Oh wow, can't wait to see the finished package.

• Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 380

Hey Richard, that sound pefertly nice, I can't wait too for the finished product (can you include a pizza too?)

Time to chant Cowabunga!

Must admit the Pizza itself is a bit more of a problem than the 'stuff' that goes with it. I have engineering software which can model manufactured items with comparative ease - though the conversion to DS can be tortuous as there are no compatible formats and I have written an STL to OBJ translator to pass anything over- but organic items have to be modelled with the same level of detail as the manufactured items. That's where it starts getting really difficult, modelling each grated lump of cheese, mushroom, pepperoni slice. Simply can't poke and prod a mesh to deform/sculpt it into the desired shape with the tools I have. I've had a look around at alternative freebies, and while the other free pizzas are not as good as Pre-Fox's, I think many are better than I could do. Not an admission I'm all that happy to make, wish I could do better with organic shapes, I must say. Regards, Richard.

Hey Richard, have you seen an STL converter on Sketchfab site?

The converter can work on Blender

I know is very daunting to work with that software, I want to embark on that, maybe later.

As for engineering software, isn't that AutoCad?

Take care, Cheers

Blender - that's a real can of worms. I have never been able to complete a single command in Blender. There are no text tutorials or manuals that I have found for Blender. And I find video tutorials utterly worthless for learning anything - I learn by text not video. So after 30 hours of trying to do a single extrude despite the 'aid' of ten hours of useless video tutorials, I ditched Blender. I want a life, not frustration. As for engineering software, I have a full licensed copy of SolidWorks 2014 3d modeller and the stress analysis package that goes with it. Regards, Richard.

How the hell, others use blender?

Wish there is a better way, at the moment there is version 4.x

Google this:

Blender Character Modeling – Simply Explained

Beginner's Guide to Blender By T_T https://www.instructables.com/workshop/3d-printing/projects/

Both has written instructions

I will try to embark on this, later I will give my opinion is it good or a fad? 

I am not a fan of stupid videos too, with a written instruction is much better to understand things all the way.

Cheers

richardandtracy Don't worry about the food, I know is frustrating for you to do that, take it easy and enjoy life the way you like it.

I bought a food pack from the store, not cheap as it appears, the conversion rate is outrageous, is not a real incentive to buy things so often.

edited July 9

I have finally got to the point of finishing the Pizza Cutter, Pizza Slice and wearable presets for both tools in left & right hands for G8F/M & G9. It would have sped things up if I hadn't diverted myself with Gnomes & become very grumpy about Blender [Again! I must remember to leave the program completely alone or even un-install it], but that's by-the-by. Here are the two tools, loosely modelled on ones we have at home.

I put the wearable presets in a directory below the props - please shout if you feel this is in the wrong place. I had a debate with myself about it. Would you someone really want to go to the G9 Props directory to get a left handed Pizza cutter after just being in the G8F props directory to apply a Pizza slice to G8F's hand? I thought there would be less chopping & changing if they were a sub-directory of where the prop appeared. Please tell me if you think I'm right or wrong.

On their own

And being used:

(All props visible in the image above (except Pre_Fox's Pizza) are freebies I've released somewhere.)

Hope they'll be useful. Think I'm going to have to release a pair of tin-openers (butterfly & survival types) in right handed & mythic status left handed styles as a tin opener is often needed for the tinned tomatoes used. And obviously, these will need a tin with a cut in the lid. Then I also plan on a peeler. Not sure about a chopping board. Our one at home is lovely, but it's rather elderly and doesn't look great.

Regards,

Richard

Pizza Cutter Thumb.png
    300 x 350 - 97K
    Pizza Cutter Promo.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M
    zip
    zip
    Pizza Cutter.zip
    5M

richardandtracy don't feel grumpy, just relax, as one song says "Don't Worry, Be happy".

I am inmersed into a Blender tutorial, this one is sold here at Daz, I find it promising, it has a Written Pdf file with images also includes some videos as well.

The author has made it interesting to follow the instructions, even thought these were made in 2017 and the latest Blender release is 4.1 I believe is worth following this tutorial.

I just begun and I hope I can accomplish something useful, I will let you know how this goes, cheers!