Use G9 skin on G8

2»

Comments

• yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 310

Ah, ok, thank you very much! Could you tell me how I can apply the PBRSkin shader to G8M, please? I don't see any option for that in the surface pane...
    And if I apply it, does it mean that every G8M character will use the PBRSkin shader, or only the character on whio I appied it?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,974

The PBRSkin shader is in Default Resources, and needs to be applied like any other shader, i.e. with the figure and all desired surfaces selected in the Surfaces pane.

edited July 8

Ah ok, you mean this one, do you?

Sorry, I am not very familiarized with shaders yet... 

By the way, is it possible to copy all settings at the same time from TT Coco's skin and past them into G8M's skin, or is it needed to fit every settings one by one?

Thank you in avance for your answer!laugh

Post edited by yuyu.atem on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,673

Material Presets from Coco cannot 100% work on G8M... so you only can copy each surface one by one from Coco to G8M accordingly... and still have to further check and tweak all properties to make them really work well.

Ah, ok, thank you very much! laugh

By the way, I have the impression that TT Coco's skin (the actual TT Coco, I mean, not the G8M converted one) is not as clear as it appears on the promotionnal image:

I am sure to have applied the Transluency 40% settings, so, I wonder where the difference comes from. Coud it be due to the environnement settings? Does someone knows which settings was used to obtain the color on the promotionnal image?

Thank you in advance for your help!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562
    edited July 9

Difference might be due to the lighting used.

Post edited by Leana on
    edited July 9

yuyu.atem said:

By the way, I have the impression that TT Coco's skin (the actual TT Coco, I mean, not the G8M converted one) is not as clear as it appears on the promotionnal image:

I am sure to have applied the Transluency 40% settings, so, I wonder where the difference comes from. Coud it be due to the environnement settings? Does someone knows which settings was used to obtain the color on the promotionnal image?

Thank you in advance for your help!

If you expect it to be clearer, go to Render Settings > Filtering, set Pixel Filter to mitchell, Filter Radius to 0.8.
    If you do need to obtain that skin tone, just add 1 or 2 spotlights with more Lumen, as well as increase Temperature a bit.. to make it similar to the thumbnail.

However, you never have to make it similar to those thumbnails... To me, the light there is plain and the image is a bit over-exposed... Just set up and finetune the lighting pattern of your own to make your render attractive.

SNAG-2024-7-10-007.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    Post edited by crosswind on

Ah ok, thank you very much! If I understand well, the filtering pane corresponds to filters appied to the camera, is it that? I wonder, is it possible to save a skin onbtained in a render into map, like Blender bake, to use it as a new skin preset. I mean, I am interested by this clear skin that we can obtain on TT Coco, but I would like it to be always clear, even with the default DS light. So, I wonder if it would be possible to save this clear tint to make it an actual skin tint, and not just a light effect...

Sorry, I'm not sure to be understandable... Or maybe it would not be relevant at all?

Thank you in advance !

edited July 10

Nope, there is no way of doing so in DS... to Bake texture maps with Lights.

However, you always can retouch texture maps in an image editor, e.g. tweak Hue and Saturation, add Curves, yada yada ~~

I used to do lots of these retouch in the era of G2 - G8 'cause lots of skin texture maps were awful...

Post edited by crosswind on

edited July 15

Hi! I used the map transfer as shown in the tutorial, but there are black parts aoround the maps:

Furthermore, the parts above the head on the diffuse color map (I am not sure what is it, maybe ear parts, or maybe eye sockets?) are completly white on the transluency map, and don't appear on the mormal and dual lobe specular weight maps:

It's the first time that I use the map transfer, so maybe there is something I didn't understand... Could you help me, please?

Thank you in advance!

Post edited by yuyu.atem on

Not sure what you were doing... that process of Map transfer in the tutuorial is for G9 not for G8...

Ah? Isn't it needed to use map transfer for G8? I mean, after using the texture atlas, every selected parts of the body are on the same map... Isn't it needed to use map transfer to "separate" these parts into the different templates?

Thank you in advance for your answer! laugh

Yes, it should be splitted but shouldn't be in that way. You did it on G9 or G8 ? If you did it on G8, can you find a UV set "Single UDIM" on it ?

Maybe we were on the wrong way... but the simplest way to split the converted G8 single map is to align each material zone as per the UV templates of G8.xF ~

Hi! I did it on G8M, since I wanted to convert G9 skin to G8M. I have only these possiblities on G8M:

The G8M_UVs5 is the one I created by using the texture atlas (there is a "5" in the name because I made sevaral tests to understand how it works).

After using the texture atlas, I was automatically with G8M_UVs5. I conveted the skin with Wrap, and apply the map that I obtainded to G8M with G8M_UVs5. After that, I used the map transfer to separate the different parts...

Okay, let me check if I saved the scene file with Atlas. I probably missed that step !

Well, I didn't save the scene files but I re-created them and re-wrapped the figure with texture conversion... I've found no issue so far.

Pls firstly check the settings in Map Transfer (ss1).

Besides, if you only want Coco G9's texture map to be converted to G8, when you export G8 to OBJ as the floating geometry, use High Resolution rather than Base. (same when export coco g9 as fixed geometry). High resolution will help with getting more accurate converted maps.

SNAG-2024-7-18-003.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-7-18-005.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M