Strand based hair in unreal is it possible?

Is it possible to import strand based hair into unreal engine 5.4? I seriously doubt it 

Comments

• superlativecgsuperlativecg Posts: 136

You can create Groom hair with Blender

• milliethegreatmilliethegreat Posts: 278

Okay do you have any tutorials? Or any you suggest? Just remember I have learning disabilities. So don't get mad at me and attack me like WLC just did

milliethegreat, That Youtube video IS the tutorial.  It lays it all out for you step by step.  You don't actually have to learn Blender.  Just install Blender and do what is shown in the video.

By the way, I see that you have trouble running Directx 12 in your other post.  If your system can't run DirectX 12, I think it's going to have difficulty simulating real time physics with Groom hair in UE5.

superlativecg said:

By the way, I see that you have trouble running Directx 12 in your other post.  If your system can't run DirectX 12, I think it's going to have difficulty simulating real time physics with Groom hair in UE5.

it can definitely support it on the dedicated GPU on both my systems and on the integrated GPU on one of the systems (Ryzen 5 4600g APU with Radeon iGPU) but for some reason the iGPU on the other systems (Intel uhd 730) seems to give me issues with unreal even though i checked the specs it supports Directx 12 just like the 4600g

superlativecg said:

milliethegreat, That Youtube video IS the tutorial.  It lays it all out for you step by step.  You don't actually have to learn Blender.  Just install Blender and do what is shown in the video.

oh okay I'll take a look later I'm trying to tackle one issue at a time 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,830

I was able to get SBH working in Unreal by following this video:

Note that the method requires this free plugin for Blender, and you have to make sure the Alembic Groom Importer is enabled in Unreal.

Ah okay. That'll be my project for this week