Cattail group does not move as a whole?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,294

Cattail group does not move as a whole?

When I add the cattail group (cattail scatter 5x1) from this product https://www.daz3d.com/rigged-cattail-reeds the group items in the group will not move as a whole.

When I place the cattails into a new group they will still only move singally and not together when I click on the group folder.

Anyone know why?

Then when I try and delete the whole group it locks up Daz...

This product has beautiful, super high resolution assets but it needs lower resolution versions as well, more refinement is needed with this product. 

I put 4 duplicates of these cattails in my project and now I am unable to delete them.

When I try and delete a duplicate, Daz freezes up. Like these cattails are a viurus or project killer.

I cannot use my project anymore. Luckily I saved my project which I worked hours on with a different name before I started working with these cattails.

I appreciate the high quality of these cattails but to have them lock up my project and make it unuseable is terrible.

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,294
    edited June 18

What's really nice is if you need to, you can open your .duf file in a text editor and delete the offending items from the scene that way. (or maybe not)  laugh

Duf edit.jpg
    2000 x 1060 - 430K
    Post edited by RexRed on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,237
    edited June 18

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't move as a whole", but after loading 5x1 Prop, there're two root nodes in Scene pane. You may group "Cattail Seed Group" and "Plane" together, then move the Group... or parent "Plane" to "Cattail Seed Group", then move the latter.

As for the gobbledegook in that DUF file, you have to Uncompress it before opening it ~ via Windows - Panes - Batch Convert

Post edited by crosswind on
    edited June 18

crosswind said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't move as a whole", but after loading 5x1 Prop, there're two root nodes in Scene pane. You may group "Cattail Seed Group" and "Plane" together, then move the Group... or parent "Plane" to "Cattail Seed Group", then move the latter.

As for the gobbledegook in that DUF file, you have to Uncompress it before opening it ~ via Windows - Panes - Batch Convert

Thanks you for your help, I will try that.

When I put the cattail group 4 in the sceen (along with my Ultra Scenery scene) everything looks great until I try and delete the cattails from the scene and Daz sits there frozen with a wheel spinning around.  

I have never had a prop respond ths way before.

UPDATE

This time it deleted, if I wait long enough.

In examining the product more, there is a lot built into it, morphs and high resolution textures, so it makes sense it would have a particular way of having to use the product correctly.

Around 10 minutes for only one instance of the product to delete from the scene.

I can delete an entire UltraScenery scene in about 2 seconds, and if I hit undo it comes back in about 2 seconds..

If you undo the delete, it takes about 15 miuntes for the single instance of the cattails to reappear.

Post edited by RexRed on
    edited June 18

I don't have Ultra Scenery but I ever heard that product is a bit heavy... or there might be some "conflict" in between these two products...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

I don't have Ultra Scenery but I ever heard that product is a bit heavy... or there might be some "conflict" in between these two products...

That could quite possibly be a conflict between the two.

It seems the cattail resource changes the way groups behave. 

Yea, probably... see if other folks who own both of the products may help to check it...