Changing a figure size messes its translations values

I was trying to use some poses today that use the hip section coordiantes to move a G8.1 to a sitting pose away from the center of the scene. When the figure is at raw value, it works fine. However, if I resize her to a smaller size or use Zev0's GrowingUp system, her location will be off when using the pose. Is there an explanation and/or a fix for that?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413

If you are not doing something like an interactive pose between two figures don't use the hip to move - when you scale the figure node down you are also scaling the hip's offset from the figure node.

• Trouble is, many commercial poses sets out there use the hip node to place the entire figure in specific coordinates in a scene, for specific actions. My workflow would basically prep the figure, the decor, then load a pose on that figure to place it in the right area (usually it involves an interaction with an prop in the decor) and then use the world recenter script to make that figure the center of the scene. It's quick and efficient. Now it it existed a script that readjusts the location of the figure to compensate for the hip offset discrepancy... hmmm. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413

Pose sets should not use the hip, in general. Scene placement should be dione with the figure node. You could copy the values from the hip,clear them, and apply them to the figure, then scaling won't be an issue.

• Noted, thanks. I'll try that.