Is there a way to edit prop's pivot point?

lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

[Is there a way to edit prop's pivot point?] What the title says. Sometimes I would like to change the spot where the x, y, and z axis meet.

Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,237
    edited June 14

Activate Joint Editor Tool (Alt Shift + J), adjust XYZ postions of Origin and End Points in Tool Settings pane. Then Memorize Rigging of the Prop.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,779

Yes, you can use the Joint Editor tool (I think). It gives you a pair of axis - a green one and a red one that you can move to where you prefer.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

Wesome, thank you!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,523
    It feels completely wrong to use 'Joint Editor' for something that doesn't have joints, but it is the correct tool. Regards, Richard.
  • artxtapartxtap Posts: 157

you can only use it IF you DO NOT MOVE IT OFF IT'S ENTER POSITION. if you move the object and try to edit the joints - the object will also move with your edits

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,237

artxtap said:

you can only use it IF you DO NOT MOVE IT OFF IT'S ENTER POSITION. if you move the object and try to edit the joints - the object will also move with your edits

Translation doesn't matter but only Rotation and Scale matter... One should zero the item's pose first... or may always export / import with OBJ to bake Transforms as needed.

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 553

In many cases I just use the menu Create ►New Null... and parent the object I want to modify to the Null.

You can also use Create ►New Group... and parent the object to it.