G8F Hair Issues

I think this falls under technical help for content, but please let me know if there is a better place for this discussion. I recently bought a set of hair from Daz (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-fringe-benefits-hair-for-genesis-3-and-81-female) and for the life of me I can't get it to work properly. I should have guessed something was off when the title said "Genesis 3 and 8.1 Female" (though the site lists Compatible Figures: Genesis 3 Female, Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 8.1 Female). The issue, however arises that the hair doesn't really fit properly or act how I would expect for any of those figures. For G8F and G8.1F the hair comes off as uncannily wispy and doesn't move floodly with the bodies as other dforce hair does, for G3F the hair doesn't move with the figure at all unless manuall moved. When I tried to auto-fit the G3F hair to G8F to see if somehow that would magically do anything, it just set without asking to adjust to the figure as G3F hair typically does.

I've attached an image of the hair on the default G8F figure and the promo of the hair--the results are relatively the same for G8.1F. There are certainly some dials to manipulate but none led to the fringe being any fuller

In all fairness, I got this free with a coupon, so I think I've gotten my money's worth, but I just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for how to make this hair more in line with how the promo looks? Any help is appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 110355.png
657 x 819 - 672K
promo.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 460K

Comments

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 553
    edited June 13

For strand based hair you usually have to make a real IRAY render to see all the hair. It looks like you switched the viewport to IRAY mode. This does not generate all the hair. There are specific settings which can change this however:

• In the Scene tab select the Fringe Benefits Cap ► dforce Fringe Benefits Hair
    • In the Parameters tab navigate to General ► Simulation ► Hair ► Pre REnder (PR) and switch on Preview PR Hairs

Full IRAY render

Viewport screenshot with default settings

FringeBenefits_FullRenderIray.jpg
    933 x 1400 - 188K
    FringeBenefits_ScreenshotIray.jpg
    1254 x 1878 - 242K
    FringeBenefits_SettingsForBetterPreview.jpg
    857 x 899 - 81K
    Post edited by markusmatern on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,237

For correctly previewing an strand-based hair node in Viewport, you have to turn on Preview PR Hairs and set the value of Viewport Line Tessellation Sides >=2. But be noted, in this way, it'll consume much more system resources.

SNAG-2024-6-13-002.png
    2560 x 1392 - 719K
  • rustajrustaj Posts: 37

It sounds like the moral of the story is I jumped the gun as far as G8F looking off, which is great. As for G3F fitting incorrectly and issues with the G8F/G8.1F compatibility issues?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,237

Ah, I didn't try it on G3F ~~ Yes, you're right, the loaded hair has no "Fit to..." for some reason. You just set "Fit to" to G3F.

SNAG-2024-6-15-014.png
    2560 x 1392 - 532K
  • rustajrustaj Posts: 37

Thank you!