How can I name and save a genesis character for another project?

tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

How can I name and save a genesis character for another project?
I have created a model in a scene with the looks I want but want to load this into another project.
Is there a way I can call this character as Stuart or William for example with all the facial settings and hair from another project.

using daz3d v4.?
Thank you for any feedback.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It all depends on what you wish to do. To Name it Right click the name of the figure in the Scene Tab and put in any name you like. You can Save the file as Save as Scene and then Merge that into any other scene you make in the Future. I'm not sure of what else you wish to do, maybe a little more information and I could help with that as well.

• tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I want to develop some characters for a fiction book I am working on.
    It needs two lads, their faters and some villagers.
    I want to be able to create a character in its entirety and then save them individually.
    I would really like to be able to create these so that others could download them also and use them.
    thank you.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I see. To make custom characters you will need to edit the mesh in a modeling program. I think you can design a character with all your bought stuff but you must then STRIP all the bought morphs out so they are only called and loaded if the person owns the same set or sets you used and stated to the user that they need those sets for the figure to work.

You can create all the characters you like for your use and then save them as Scene files. Then to use that character in a new scene you just right click it's icon and use merge to add it to your new scene that you have made. I did that for a comic book project.

• tdrdtdrd Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thank you i will try that.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

This has me wondering, can you save just the character (morphs, clothes, skin, hair, etc.) to re-use it in other scenes, other than merging one scene into another? It would be really handy if I could build up a library of complete character presets that I could drop into other projects as needed.

It sounds like what I need to do now is create a scene with nothing else in it but the character, if I want to merge that into another scene at some point.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,297
    edited December 1969

How would saving the character, with settings, hair, and clothes, differ from saving a scene with just those items?