LIVE! In the store NOW!! LowPi - the Low Poly Figure, and Crowd Creator Scripts

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,911

The video tutorial on working with the LowPi Ecosystem is now released:
    https://www.daz3d.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-building-low-poly-figure-scenes

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,364

Great. Looking forward to purchase the tutorial, when funds will allow.

• Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 277

Lowpi Update in DIM now.  This patch address the bends on the wrists, the thigh bend CBS matches better, and a new Hair template has been added for use in rigging and conversions.

LM

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121
    Thanks. I'm traveling, so I won't be able to try it right away.
  • cheardcheard Posts: 74
    edited July 23

A couple of questions about using LowPi effectively:

1. Suppose I want my LowPi adult men to have facial hair. In order to make sure the head hair and the facial hair are the same color, do I load both on the LowPi and save both out as one combined asset? Or can beard and hair be separate items with some kind of "require" flag set to ensure the same color?

Edit: Selecting both and saving out doesn't work. Only one item gets saved.

2. Suppose there is some wardrobe I really want to use in a LowPi crowd, but it's dForce. So far I have found this to cause problems (explosions). Tips?

Post edited by cheard on
  • Lyrra MadrilLyrra Madril Posts: 277

to save mutiple items as 'one item' , as far as DS cares,  use a wearable preset. (select figure, then save wearable and choose the items from the list.)

Do NOT use props on the head and shoulders, They must be rigged due to a current bug in using props on instanced figures.

I think that whatever method Totte used for adding and coloring the side curls and bangs should work for facial hair? Something to have a look at

Frankly I never tested Lowpi with dforce clothing. I'm not entirely sure what happens if you try to instance dforce clothing.  At any rate, dforce clothing is very sensitive and I'm betting it didnt like the conversion to a new shape.  Does it absolutely need to be dforced?

LM

• I made this test crowd, then ran it through Krea.  I was blown away.

Lowpi Krea Test.jpg
    1469 x 827 - 418K
    Lowpi_20Krea_20Test-enhanced.png
    2040 x 1152 - 2M

jbtrimar_acfc607613 said:

I made this test crowd, then ran it through Krea.  I was blown away.

Very cool indeed! 

edited July 28

Wow, that is amazing! I had never heard of Krea, so I went and checked it out. I tried a few LowPi images on the free plan. It worked best for me when the LowPi faces were large in the scene. When I had tiny heads, like the horse riders, the resuting faces are pretty distorted,

Two_20LowPi_20on_20Horses_20again_20front_20with_20G3M_20skin_Camera_201-enhanced.png
    2048 x 1536 - 4M
    LowPi_20(18)-enhanced.png
    1568 x 2048 - 977K
    LowPi_20Clown_20Walking_Default_20Camera-enhanced.png
    1568 x 2048 - 2M
    Two LowPi on Horses again front with G3M skin_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    LowPi (18).jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 52K
    LowPi Clown Walking_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,438
    edited July 29

barbult said:

Wow, that is amazing! I had never heard of Krea, so I went and checked it out. I tried a few LowPi images on the free plan. It worked best for me when the LowPi faces were large in the scene. When I had tiny heads, like the horse riders, the resuting faces are pretty distorted,

The close-ups are pretty good! What did you use in Krea, Enhance?

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

barbult said:

Yes

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Yes

Thanks, I might just give it a try. 

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Yes

Thanks, I might just give it a try. 

It is pretty easy. I didn't even read any instructions. I just clicked on what seemed obvious. It might do better if I investigated more.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,741

I've missed a lot in the past three weeks.

barbult, your renders are great! They make me want to get back to LowPi again. Thanks for the mini-tutorial on attaching props. It helps me a lot as I get lost (or distracted) sometimes when there are many steps.

The Krea enhancements are cool - it didn't even mess up the hands. Will AI ever learn to do hands?

Totte, your video tutorial looks wonderful. On my wishlist waiting for a sale.

edited July 30

Speaking of Krea, this isn't LowPi, but I thought it was a hilarious result.
    I started with a simple render of Richard Haseltine.

Somehow Krea Enhancement thought there was some kind of face on the end of his tail.

So I did an edit of the enhancement and prompted it to not put a face on the end of the cat's tail. So, instead, it put a very detailed cat face and bow tie on the end of the tail!

Richard the cat Omni Hair Shader Fur.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 732K
    Richard_20the_20cat_20Omni_20Hair_20Shader_20Fur-enhanced.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M
    Richard_20the_20cat_20Omni_20Hair_20Shader_20Fur-enhanced told it no face on tail.png
    2048 x 1536 - 3M

Hehe, really cool!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

Eyes in the back of my back, that would be useful.

Richard Haseltine said:

I have never thought of you as being "two faced".

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Duplicate faces are probably attributable to a CloudFlare Gateway error.

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Duplicate faces are probably attributable to a CloudFlare Gateway error.

I had to read that twice before I got it. Maybe you should have duplicated the message. laugh

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard "Janus" Haseltine? 

edited August 6

It took me all day to make this picture. Yesterday I made the ascending and descending stair poses. Today I rendered two LowPi crowds with those poses. The, following a previous tip from Totte, I manually selected the LowPi I wanted from the crowds and placed them in position on the stairs. In some cases i changed their clothing or hair or clothing materials. For a few, I added handheld props and applied the appropriate hand/arm/upper body pose. I think there are about 36 LowPi in this scene. I sort of lost count.

LowPi XI New York Stairs_006_NS Camera 01.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 4M

@barbult: That is a super well done LowPi scene!

edited August 6

Totte said:

Thanks, Totte.

My LowPi people were calling out for a grittier interpretation. Here's one more, with postwork and a little different camera angle.

LowPi XI New York Stairs Angle and fog Gritty.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 3M

barbult said:

Totte said:

Thanks, Totte.

My LowPi people were calling out for a grittier interpretation. Here's one more, with postwork and a little different camera angle.

I prefer this version, it's very well done.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,364

Well done, @barbult

I adore your devotion to this higly complicated for me LowPi set.

edited August 6

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Totte said:

Thanks, Totte.

I prefer this version, it's very well done.

Thanks, I like it better, too. The name of the environment is XI New York Stairs (with a few mods I made). The black and white suited the NY vibe better, I thought. But it was only an afterthought after posting the first version.

edited August 8

I own Look At Me II Pose Control and I discovered a few weeks ago that it works on the head of LowPi. It doesn't work on the eyes, because LowPi does not have "eyes" that can be posed (they are just surface textures). It also doesn't work on chest or abdomen, because LowPi does not have those bones either. I wonder if it would have worked if the Torso1 and Torso2 bones had been named more consistently with other character models. Anyway, the head posing is useful on its own. Here I had already used a direction marker to make the LowPi people face forward, but I used Look At Me II Pose Control to make them raise their head and turn it slightly more toward the camera in the center.

In the second example, I moved the camera and reapplied the Look At Me II Pose Control to all selected LowPi people at once.

Let's all look up!

LowPi Dresses Skirts Pants Look at Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1020K
    LowPi Dresses Skirts Pants Look at camera 2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 492K
    LowPi Dresses Skirts Pants Look at camera 3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1002K
    edited August 8

Question: How do I get the shoes with heels (like in the Modern Business or formal wear) to pose correctly when used with the crowd generator? If I just load a LowPi and apply the shoes, they apply and pose the feet correctly, but when a crowd is generated, the feet are all wonky and the shoes are not posed properly on the ground. It looks bad.

Screenshot 2024-08-08 020202.jpg
    1347 x 827 - 95K

barbult said:

Question: How do I get the shoes with heels (like in the Modern Business or formal wear) to pose correctly when used with the crowd generator? If I just load a LowPi and apply the shoes, they apply and pose the feet correctly, but when a crowd is generated, the feet are all wonky and the shoes are not posed properly on the ground. It looks bad.

I guess that has to do with which poses are applied, not certain though, or the Fake IK going nuts due to feet rotations? ( not at my DS machine at the moment)