Character "Daiji HD for Genesis 8.1 Male" purchased, installed but not appears

Dear,

Last April 22th, I purchased the character "Daiji HD for Genesis 8.1 Male", and after installation, it doesn't apear in the figures as others.

I contacted to "Daz 3D Tech Support", but no answer received.

Only "Daiji Eyebrows" is available in Daz.

How can I resolve it ?

Many thanks, Xavi

Daiji.jpg
291 x 273 - 24K

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

If you right-click on the eyebrows and "Explore Product" does the figure show up in there at all? Sometimes the search is a little odd and does not return all the results you think it should.

If the figure is not part of the product and you installed it using DIM then what is shown when you right click the product in DIM and "Show Installed Files"? They should all be links for the files and none should be greyed out.

If you switch from Smart Content to the Content tab and go to /People/Genesis 8 Male/Characters/ does Daiji appear there?  I don't have that product myself so not sure on the state of the metadata but the figure duf should be in that location if it was installed correctly.

• xavieratorxavierator Posts: 146
    edited May 4

Dear,

Thanks for your fast answer.

Yes, found in "right-click on the eyebrows and <Explore Product>"

Kind regards, Xavi

Daiji-ExploreProduct.jpg
    246 x 347 - 26K
    Post edited by xavierator on

I just see that this character is not HD, and should be HD, can it be resolved ?

Is it possible that since it is not "HD", it is missing options like opening your mouth for example?

Others HD charactares has the "mouth open" option.

Thanks, Xavi

Floyd-Mouth.jpg
    704 x 304 - 61K
    Daiji-Mouth.jpg
    733 x 427 - 85K
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

I don't know anything about whether it is actually HD or not. However, Floyd 8 would be a G8 character and Daiji is G8.1 - I think by default some of the G8 expressions are disabled on G8.1.

The solution for Daiji could be the "jaw open" option that is available.

Thanks again, Xavi

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

How are you determin that Daji is not HD?

I just see that the majority of actors are HD, and Daiji, is a character instead of actor, and isn't HD

HDorNOT.jpg
    294 x 558 - 67K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205

xavierator said:

I just see that the majority of actors are HD, and Daiji, is a character instead of actor, and isn't HD

A HD character is based on a HD morph, meaning it is a morph on a subdivided mesh, where the subdivided mesh also is part of the morph.

Whether it is a character or an actor, is how it is saved, and not related to the morph. 

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Daiji HD comes with a separate HD morph with apply and remove presets.

In Smart Content, best to view products on the Smart Content/Products tab.  Search for Daiji and click on the product icon to show all of the files.  You'll find the HD morph add-on presets on the Shaping category.  See pic.

Screen Shot 05-04-24 at 01.22 PM.PNG
    1382 x 1380 - 1013K
    edited May 5

Hi,

Found Daiji HD and Daiji HD Addon ...

Thanks

Daiji-HD.jpg
    520 x 252 - 30K
    Daiji-HD-Addon.jpg
    460 x 796 - 113K
    Post edited by xavierator on