Look up items according to the period they were made possible?

Look up items according to the period they were made possible?

If I want to search through products that were done before Iray came about is there a way to search fopr that specifically?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

In your product library, or in the store?

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,209
    edited April 26

I was thinking of the store but not that you bring up the library I'd like to know how to both

Post edited by VicS on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793

Unfortunately, AFAIK, you can make it with neither of them...

In the store, there's no option of filtering by dates even if you can find the info. of "Release Date" on product wiki ( http://docs.daz3d.com/ ). There's no such an option either in Smart Content or Content Library, even if there's a sort option by Release Date in Smart Content. However, there's no info. of "Release Date" given in IM package, so searching by "Release Date" will be no vail.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,162
    edited April 26

You can't do it by date but you can filter by SKU number in your Smart Content in DS or in DIM.

Generally everything with SKU less than 22000 is pre-Iray. Some products after 22000 are also pre-Iray (there was no hard line between pre- and post-). Also for a while after Iray was introduced many products were released with both 3Delight and Iray versions.

To filter in DS or DIM you need to use the advanced filters documented HERE FOR DS and HERE FOR DIM.

Basically you enter in the "filter" field something like:  sku::1-22000

It would be nice if these could be used in the store, but it seems not. Ati once provided a script HERE that found really old products (SKU < 16000) to use with a sales promo that was on at the time, but I'm not sure that it still works, the results seem a bit random to me. Maybe the last store format change broke it?

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • VicSVicS Posts: 1,209

ok too bad, thank you everyone