I see render visibility is now animated, YAY!

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885
edited April 25 in Daz Studio Discussion

I see render visibility is now animated, YAY!

I just tested it on an arrow yes

it vanishes again on the frame where it leaves the bow.

click video

W9Ethan100.png
1920 x 1080 - 498K
W9Ethan111.png
1920 x 1080 - 496K
Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• KenYanoKenYano Posts: 84

How does this work?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885

in parameters if you choose visible in render on or off it creates a keyframe if you have hidden checked on the timeline.

It only works for iray render not viewport render so you will only see the results rendering an animation.

• SGattonSGatton Posts: 59

It's great for doing things like having a special effect appear from nowhere in the middle of an animation. I used it when making a spellcaster animation happen, by having a geoshell with glowing runes appear. By setting a few frames a little before, or a little after the effect occurs, you can make it change from either instant, or gradual based upon needs. I used that concept when making an animation of my gnome barbarian DRUNK, like his natural state.

I can see so many uses for it, previously I had to render in sections and join up videos to get this affect, this saves a lot of time, it's a feature my other 3D software has had for over a decade so a welcome addition.

We just need paths now and tracking enlightened

Absolutely. The workflow reduction for special effects-based animations alone is great.

I plan on using this exact thing when I animate the ale that's gonna pour from his mug (when I add it). Making this to harass my older brother for his barbarian's life choices.

cool yes

I've been enjoying working on the animations since tools like this are available now. I made this one last night to show my father what his monk looks like in a fight. 

So, using the visibility, I made an animation for my assassin to draw his bow, then another one to draw an arrow and set it. The possibilities are amazing when you start really working on stuff.

yay

you got a subscriber too