Why do the "Actor" and "Material" logos appear randomly in the thumbnails?

Hi everyone,

Do you know why when I save several characters under "Character/Preset" there are thumbnails with the logo "Actor" in blue and others there is not this logo in Content Library?

Similarly, when I save several materials (skins) under "Material/Preset", there are thumbnails with the "Material" logo in yellow and others without this logo in the Content Library?

What makes these "Actor" "Material" logos appear or not?

Thanks for reading

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,850

When you save in DS4 info get's added to the database, part of that info is the "type flags" you see in the thumbnail in the Content Library.

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 97

Bejaymac said:

When you save in DS4 info get's added to the database, part of that info is the "type flags" you see in the thumbnail in the Content Library.

Ok thanks, but what I don't understand is that I save 2 characters exactly the same way (Character/Preset) and I get on 1 character no logo and on the other the logo "Actor".

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793

Content Type makes these logos appear. If you correctly save the preset files, Content Type(s) will be automatically and correctly assigned and stored in cms database.

However, if you change the folder names or move the files to other folders, etc. you'll lose the logos...  You can assign Content Types to DUF files at anytime by: in Content Library, right click on the folder, for instance, "Characters" folder, click "Edit Metadata..." in the popup menu, then assign a value to the field of "Type".

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131

The tags will also not appear in the CMS was not running when you saved.

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 97

crosswind said:

Content Type makes these logos appear. If you correctly save the preset files, Content Type(s) will be automatically and correctly assigned and stored in cms database.

However, if you change the folder names or move the files to other folders, etc. you'll lose the logos...  You can assign Content Types to DUF files at anytime by: in Content Library, right click on the folder, for instance, "Characters" folder, click "Edit Metadata..." in the popup menu, then assign a value to the field of "Type".

Thank you very much for this to solve the problem