Neanderthal 9

PancakePancake Posts: 40
edited April 23 in The Commons

But it isn't Thursday!

This new pro bundle release is a nice surprise to wake up to.

Interesting character and skin? Check
Three practical, functional outfits? Check
Capitalizing on G9's male and female morphs? Check
No high heels in sight? Check!

I'll definitely pick this one up after I've had my morning coffee

https://www.daz3d.com/neanderthal-9-a-land-before-time

Post edited by Pancake on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,223

I'm going to have so much catching up to do once I can afford to really invest in G9. Among the best G9 bundles so far.

• Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 502

I really like this bundle. Unfortunately I didn't jump on the G9 train so far and I don't need Neanderthals for my current project.

Nevertheless, these are great looking assets.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,117

I want to see a comparison between Neanderthal 9, and one of these; Michael 9/Michelle 9, Karmen 9, and Kala 9. They seem similarly skin toned and I have Mike and Kala.

I feel like Neanderthal 9 is one of the most versatile ones yet, in terms of mixing it and making regular-looking people.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,534

It looks like the bundle will land in my Product Library before the end of Daz day, the orange banner with all the stacking discounts takes it down to $20.57 at 91% off (8 tokens included)
    I even like what's in it 

• Very good model with an excellent head/face. But the skin seems too dark for a neanderthal.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,223

abi1965_738846b1bd said:

Very good model with an excellent head/face. But the skin seems too dark for a neanderthal.

What are you basing that on?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

That really was a pleasant surprise. Neanderthal 9 is a very likeable fellow, quite authentic (I live near where the 'real' Neanderthal was found and know 'his' museum), quite versatile, and I like the bundles. The offer on the orange banner was also good, so after a long time I bought a Pro Bundle.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,759

I have the Pro Bundle, every add-on (not in the bundle), plus one older Ensary pose pack I have had on wish list in my cart with the coupon and 8 tokens at a total of $54.14. It might shift when the full sales tax adjusts when I go to buy it. Right now it is $4.02, but I have seen it rise when I pay. And I am getting 10 tokens for the purchase. And I like the guy and his package overall. As other noted, some things are a bit more futuristic for him, but the clothes can be used by others also. Love the furs.

• dortybassadortybassa Posts: 490
    Gordig said:

I'm going to have so much catching up to do once I can afford to really invest in G9. Among the best G9 bundles so far.

You wait for a day like yesterday where you could get 3 pro bundles under $8 and a couple just over $10.... Just make sure you get the pro bundles wishlisted for the day you decide :)
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,095
    edited April 23

Gordig said:

abi1965_738846b1bd said:

Very good model with an excellent head/face. But the skin seems too dark for a neanderthal.

What are you basing that on?

I suspect it may be from the research quoted in a line from the Smithsonian Museum web page: https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/ancient-dna-and-neanderthals#:~:text=Neanderthals%20had%20a%20mutation%20in,%2C%20but%20not%20red%20hair)%20.  where it says:

Neanderthals had a mutation in this receptor gene which changed an amino acid, making the resulting protein less efficient and likely creating a phenotype of red hair and pale skin. (The reconstruction below of a male Neanderthal by John Gurche features pale skin, but not red hair) .How do we know what this phenotype would have looked like? Modern humans display similar mutations of MC1R, and people who have two copies of this mutation have red hair and pale skin.

The research report is not unique to the Smithsonian, so could have been from another source, but the Smithsonian is considered to be pretty authoritive. 

Regards,

Richard 

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 482
    edited April 23

The skin on this character has some issues, which makes me sad. The palms of the hands and feet look darker than the rest of the skin from the example images. I wonder why the artist went that route? Even other primates, like the chimpanzee, have lighter palms. Not sure about using skin on other G9 characters. Hmmm.. The bundle looks like it has some cool stuff tho.

Edit: changed sentence, not a dermatologist or anthropologist so what do I know? =)

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892

Did a quick test. Looks like a fairly typical skin for a Caucasian man who spends a lot of time outside not wearing a lot of clothes and working with his hands.

Neanderthal hand.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 457K

Oso3D said:

Did a quick test. Looks like a fairly typical skin for a Caucasian man who spends a lot of time outside not wearing a lot of clothes and working with his hands.

My hands look darker when I'm working on the car cheeky 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

The only thing I like from this bundle is the dForce Padrino Outfit and the texture add-on.  Seems like it doesn't belong though

• voicejdvoicejd Posts: 11
    I agree that the suit is not thematic fit but I think daz needs to include more variety in their masculine bundles. Honestly I would like it if they did a modern, fantasy, and Sci fi look in the masculine bundle instead of narrow themes.
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,095

Oso3D said:

I must be atypical. I go bright red, and next day leave all my skin behind, ready to do it all again (ouch). All I can say is that it takes longer than a British summer to change my skin tone by any noticable amount.

Regards,

Richard

• For the price with coupons and a full allotment of tokens, I already have it in my cart. I never plan to need an actual Neanderthal character but I suspect that small doses of the shapes will make interesting variations on other characters.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,455

PerttiA said:

It looks like the bundle will land in my Product Library before the end of Daz day, the orange banner with all the stacking discounts takes it down to $20.57 at 91% off (8 tokens included)
    I even like what's in it 

wow - I'm still at 51$. I have no tokens but you are obviously adding something I'm not to the mix. What is the secret? I've added stuff and managed to get 3 free "dino" products ... cool that is, but so far no other discounting on the bundle other than the banner discount, which is very good.  

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,313
    edited April 23

My heritage is very strongly Danish, but I took a second DNA test (a decade apart) to test for Neanderthalism and it was confirmed.  I actually find this a very interesting and POSITIVE thing.  Was very excited to find that out.  And for what it is worth, I tan easily and darkly with minimal burning.

I already have A LOT of render ideas with this new figure - super eager to get started!

Post edited by Gogger on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,313

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I even like what's in it 

wow - I'm still at 51$. I have no tokens but you are obviously adding something I'm not to the mix. What is the secret? I've added stuff and managed to get 3 free "dino" products ... cool that is, but so far no other discounting on the bundle other than the banner discount, which is very good.  

I basically added all the related add-ons not in the Pro Bundle and got an orange banner for %50 percent off then added 6 tokens - Pro Bundle price: $26.17 at 88% off!  I have a cart price of $55.  I *almost* feel guilty!  

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I even like what's in it 

Did you get the orange banner with an extra 50% off? I also added 2 add-ons and the pro bundle dropped wayyyy down, then I added my 8 tokens and it went to $20.57 or 91% off from $106.81. My final count of add-ons was 5, and 1 older item from Ensary I had wishlisted. But by that point the savings had been reached.

• daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I even like what's in it 

I'm seeing 20.57, broken down like this:

1. 217.99 x 0.7 (30% off Daz+ membership)
    2. 152.593 x 0.7 (30% off introductory price)
    3. 106.8151 x 0.7 (30% off for adding two Neanderthal add-ons to the cart)
    4. 74.77057 x 0.5 (50% off orange banner)
    5. 37.385285 x 0.55 (45% off from 8 tokens)
    6. 20.56190675

Daz is either stealing 0.809325¢ from me or it's close enough laugh

• Gogger said:

I *almost* feel guilty!  

Could be the Neanderthal genes?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,455

ainm.sloinneadh said:

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I even like what's in it 

6. 20.56190675

awesome..it was the ad-ons holding me back. I'm now at $37. Thats probably it as I have no tokens.  

edited April 23

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I even like what's in it 

Two Neanderthal 9 Add-ons gives Extra 30% off the bundle, the Orange banner gives Extra 50% off the bundle and 8 tokens gives Extra 45% off the bundle
    The two addons (textures) are $3.21 each in my cart and one should not forget the three $10 off Dinotastic items if one buys the bundle.

The whole cart is 16 items for $40.76 at 93% off
    Added one Pamawo item and took advantage of the wishlist discount and the one item for $1.99

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited April 23

I have rendered him in a modern setting with the Lion Cub and his skin is a challenge for me. I tried MelissaGT's adjustments and they seemed to improve it a little so the knuckles came out better. I also added a point light, but it is a challenge. That said, I love this guy. His face is wonderful, I found it easy to use expressions and the sliders to tweak it. MI Everyday Construction Worker clothes had no issue with his size. No problems with the Stone Age hair either. 

Neanderthal 9 HD and Lion Cub II.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • memcneil70 said:

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I even like what's in it 

Did you get the orange banner with an extra 50% off? I also added 2 add-ons and the pro bundle dropped wayyyy down, then I added my 8 tokens and it went to $20.57 or 91% off from $106.81. My final count of add-ons was 5, and 1 older item from Ensary I had wishlisted. But by that point the savings had been reached.

Yep. I hesitated initially, but with the orange banner, there's just too much interesting stuff for the price. I'm totally getting it. 

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 224
    edited April 23

daveso said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

I even like what's in it 

6. 20.56190675

awesome..it was the ad-ons holding me back. I'm now at $37. Thats probably it as I have no tokens.  

Excellent! $37 still seems a pretty nice price, with the caveat that I haven't bought the bundle. You'd get 8 or 10 tokens from that cart too, which could be good or dangerous. Usually dangerous for me!

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

It's like Gordig said, I have a lot of catching up to do and hardly know where to start on my wish list.

• oddboboddbob Posts: 348

richardandtracy said:

Oso3D said:

I must be atypical. I go bright red, and next day leave all my skin behind, ready to do it all again (ouch). All I can say is that it takes longer than a British summer to change my skin tone by any noticable amount.

Regards,

Richard

You're atypical, I'm mongrel British and my skin only goes red when I'm covered in the blood of my family's or Mrs Queen's enemies.

On topic, the neanderthal suits the G9 heavy body hair from the John 9 bundle.