Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,275

Sorry, in DIM

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,819

anaximanes_2000 said:

crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

I suppose each time CPA generates GUID when it packs the file as IM package... so DIM could install the packages for times. But some issues can result in the failure of writing metadata to cms.. for intance, when installing first 3 packages, DIM lost cms connection. You can check the line items in DIM - Installed tab, if the database icons on the first 3 items are light grey, it means no metadata have been written to cms...

The GUID is genrated by the store and should not be changed without good reason (e.g. if it wasn't U(nique) but was double-assigned).

AFAIK, GUID can be generated (uniquely) by users with Content DB Editor. I use Content Wizard to install 3rd-party products. Content Wizard can also generate it.

Ok so I looked and I have owned COntent Wizard since apparently March of 2023.  Hopefully it will be easy for me to learn, (and as fast as Content Package Assist).  You say it can add third party things to my Smart Content and I already paid for it, so let me ask you this, have you ever had to reformat or migrate all your Daz stuff to a new computer?  Did all your thrid party stuff you used Content Wizard for still load right up in SMart Content?

EDIT: Can THAT thing be used to fix all my already hundreds of installed, Smart Content busted, 3rd party stuff?

It is easy to use Content Wizard...You can directly install products with it or generate IM package with it and install with DIM.

As for migration, of  course, three times since I started using DS from 2018. But before first two times' migration, I could only install 3rd-party products to Smart Content by using DS standart function of "Create a Product from..." 'cause there was no Cotent Wizard at that time...

In the 1st time migration, I used the way of "re-import...", I lost quite a lot of metadata especially the customized data. In the 2nd and 3rd migrations, I used the way of migrating cms database, quick, neat and all correct. Of course, the metadata of thousands of 3rd-party products were all installed and fed by Content Wizard.

However, as for the issue you have, it won't help... I'm afraid that you have to re-install the products or manually modify the metadata... As I said before, if you have old cms database, this problem can be settled within minutes...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,354

crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

I suppose each time CPA generates GUID when it packs the file as IM package... so DIM could install the packages for times. But some issues can result in the failure of writing metadata to cms.. for intance, when installing first 3 packages, DIM lost cms connection. You can check the line items in DIM - Installed tab, if the database icons on the first 3 items are light grey, it means no metadata have been written to cms...

The GUID is genrated by the store and should not be changed without good reason (e.g. if it wasn't U(nique) but was double-assigned).

AFAIK, GUID can be generated (uniquely) by users with Content DB Editor. I use Content Wizard to install 3rd-party products. Content Wizard can also generate it.

Can is not the same as should. Once a product has a GUID that should not be chnaged - if it doesn't then one may use the option to generate one.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/tech_articles/metadata/start
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/tech_articles/install_manifest/start

edited April 25

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

Can is not the same as should. Once a product has a GUID that should not be chnaged - if it doesn't then one may use the option to generate one.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/tech_articles/metadata/start
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/tech_articles/install_manifest/start

Right ~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

anaximanes_2000 said:

crosswind said:

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

Ok so I looked and I have owned COntent Wizard since apparently March of 2023.  Hopefully it will be easy for me to learn, (and as fast as Content Package Assist).  You say it can add third party things to my Smart Content and I already paid for it, so let me ask you this, have you ever had to reformat or migrate all your Daz stuff to a new computer?  Did all your thrid party stuff you used Content Wizard for still load right up in SMart Content?

EDIT: Can THAT thing be used to fix all my already hundreds of installed, Smart Content busted, 3rd party stuff?

It is easy to use Content Wizard...You can directly install products with it or generate IM package with it and install with DIM.

As for migration, of  course, three times since I started using DS from 2018. But before first two times' migration, I could only install 3rd-party products to Smart Content by using DS standart function of "Create a Product from..." 'cause there was no Cotent Wizard at that time...

In the 1st time migration, I used the way of "re-import...", I lost quite a lot of metadata especially the customized data. In the 2nd and 3rd migrations, I used the way of migrating cms database, quick, neat and all correct. Of course, the metadata of thousands of 3rd-party products were all installed and fed by Content Wizard.

However, as for the issue you have, it won't help... I'm afraid that you have to re-install the products or manually modify the metadata... As I said before, if you have old cms database, this problem can be settled within minutes...

Two things, please!  First off, because I have been trying to jump around and so all this, can you refresh my memory of the default storage path for the "cms database" just so I can double check.

And secondly, as far as the Content Wizard thing, do you have a good YouTube video that explains step by step how to install 3rd Part SMart Content?  Thanks again!

• Oh, actually, I had some time and looked into it @crosswind.  I found both, and yeah, ok I added tio my notes that before the next computer migration to back up the Daz folder in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming.

I am watchign Riversoft's video and this looks easy enough for even my simple brain to handle, but I do have one last question before I leave you and North and Richard alone... UNTIL NEXT TIME!  MWA HA HA HA!  But anyway, the Product ID?  The CPA thing auto created these for any product I chucked into it.  This one doesn't and RIversoft does not mention how to make one up.  I am testing a product from a website and I looked all over the store page but it says no product ID.  Do I use an online random number generator?  This seems to be the only thing that has me stumped.

anaximanes_2000 said:

Oh, actually, I had some time and looked into it @crosswind.  I found both, and yeah, ok I added tio my notes that before the next computer migration to back up the Daz folder in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming.

I am watchign Riversoft's video and this looks easy enough for even my simple brain to handle, but I do have one last question before I leave you and North and Richard alone... UNTIL NEXT TIME!  MWA HA HA HA!  But anyway, the Product ID?  The CPA thing auto created these for any product I chucked into it.  This one doesn't and RIversoft does not mention how to make one up.  I am testing a product from a website and I looked all over the store page but it says no product ID.  Do I use an online random number generator?  This seems to be the only thing that has me stumped.

Yep, that's it, the path.

As for Product ID, it's a Token in cms, aka: SKU number of a DAZ3D store product. You'll find it on the product page.

For a 3rd-party product, check the product page on the 3rd party site. For instance, a product from Rendo, the SKU info. is in the URL of the product, six digits. But some sites give no SKU number, like Renderhub. So you can manually enter the Product ID. I usually name it as Vendor Name + Product key Word.

I strongly suggest you enter the correct SKU as long as there is... as the Product ID. Then it'll be easier to filter / mangage the product in Smart Content.

• Ok yeah this file was on Renderhub, and I could not locate a number anywhere.  So, I can put letters instead, then.  Ok, will do, thanks for the help!