Richard Hasletine (sp)

You, as I understand it, are in charge of the forums.  We have lost our Apoc to work duties and his replacement does not know how to do polls for challenges.  She has also not been to the forum to post anything in a while.  We have a challenge that ended on December 31st but is still open.  I am willing to learn how to do a poll if you want to make me a volunteer 'moderator', or whatever I would be considered.

I feel like the Bryce forum is dying because of the lack of participation for the challenges and from moderators.  This is the best place on the internet to see people still creating Bryce works.  I still buy Bryce products.

Please consider helping the Bryce forum continue to flourish.  Thank you.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,064

Oh dear, you transposed two letters in the summoning ritual - that never ends well. Bwahahahahahahahahahacoughcoughsplutter.

Polls can't be run on this forum software, so I think an external service has been used for those (Survey Planet by the look of it). We haven't given the challenge runners any special powers, though - the prizes are, I think, handled by DAZ_ann0314. If you want to take over the challenge then please send a PM to Ann.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,847

Ok, thanks Richard.  I'll look at how the polls work to make sure that I'm capable.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818
    edited April 21

For clarification, I was not Apocs replacement and this Challenge has never been ran by the Moderation Staff. It was ran and created by Chohole due to her love of Bryce on her own personal time - not as a Moderator but as a Bryce User. When she felt no longer able to keep up with the demands of the challenge, she passed it over to Apoc who then volunteered to give of their own personal free time to continue it on.

I had offered to finish off the last challenge and start the next to help Apoc out and out of respect for Chohole and her love of this challenge but I was not taking over the Challenge, I've only ever been the contact point for getting the Daz 3D Prizes distributed (and have done such since the Challenge was started originally). Apoc is still the one actually running the challenge (and donating their time doing so) Apoc was not and is not a Daz 3D Moderator or a Daz 3D Community Volunteer. Daz 3D has only ever been a Challenge Sponsor going all the way back to when Chohole originated the idea. As Apoc is busy with personal matters and work obligations, the Challenge - at least for the time being - is put on hold. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully when Apoc is able they will be able to come back and do the Challenge once more.

Please understand that Challenges like this take a considerable amount of time and organization, more than most realize. Sometimes real world obligations make that time commitment impossible, at least for a time, and so a Challenge may need to be put on hold. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding. I am sure, once Apoc is able, they will be back to put up the voting thread for the 60th Challenge.  They had mentioned it would/may take them some time here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8586066/#Comment_8586066

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Ann, I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing you.  I wasn't.  I just mentioned that I hadn't seen you in the forum, thinking that you were helping out in Apoc's absense.  I'm sorry if I offended you. 

You can see from my comments that I have no idea how the forum was run.  You just gave me a history lesson.  My comments come from my desire to see the Bryce forum thrive.  There isn't anywhere on the internet (that I know of) where a Bryce forum is as active as this one and it isn't all that active.  I see the challenges as something that may bring more people in.

Richard said that I could do a poll so I started one last night.  It is not at all like what I see in the forum.  I have to work on it a lot more and test it out.  I might have to change how I am doing it.  It is a lot of work, as you mention.  I appreciate what you have done for us.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,013

Thanks NGartplay for volunteering to help with the challenges and I hope you succeed in setting up the polls. We really appreciate it. We also appreciate Apoc’s efforts and time spent in setting up the previous challenges and hope maybe in the future he will be able to resume.

Hey mermaid, if I do a test poll (just one test option) would you try it out for me?  I'll post it here.  I need to see how the polling works.  I have the page made at the survey site.  I can add a test image that I can delete before the polling.

edited April 22

Testing poll: 

valentine.png
    120 x 120 - 15K
    Post edited by NGartplay on
    edited April 22

Not working.  I'll try fixing it later...plus, the survey is inactive at the moment.

NGartplay said:

Hey mermaid, if I do a test poll (just one test option) would you try it out for me?  I'll post it here.  I need to see how the polling works.  I have the page made at the survey site.  I can add a test image that I can delete before the polling.

sure I'll test it for you 

edited April 22

testing

It's possible that I need a separate 'question' at survey planet for each image.  I don't know yet.  Right now I have all 11 images in one 'question' and you pick 4 max images.  Otherwise I may need to just put up a link to that one question and you choose your 4 images.  I am not sure how to not show results or if they even show the results.  I haven't activated the poll yet...just saved it for editing.

edited April 22

testing

https://media.surveyplanet.com/eyJidWNrZXQiOiJzdXJ2ZXlwbGFuZXQtbWVkaWEiLCJrZXkiOiI2NjI0NjRlMWIyMWU3NzFhN2QzNjRhNDIvYTI4NDEzMTY3OGU0NjJhNjViZjJlYTRiN2UzYjVmZmIiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjQwMCwiaGVpZ2h0IjozMDAsImZpdCI6ImNvbnRhaW4iLCJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIjp7InIiOjI1NSwiZyI6MjU1LCJiIjoyNTUsImFscGhhIjoxfX19fQ==

Can someone tell me how to replace this link with an image as a hyperlink?

Here is the link they tell me to copy. 

https://s.surveyplanet.com/z0x5s7oq

The one above does not show the images.

Here is the preview link: 

https://app.surveyplanet.com/preview/6624676ab21e771a7d366d21

PLEASE do not click on any images except the 'testing' Love one on the bottom right.  I did activate the survey but it's not ready for voting.

The PRO popup comes up.  Just close it.

edited April 22

The links are not opening for me, I am directed to a logon page, sorry I can't help with the hyperlink 

Post edited by mermaid010 on

I think the https means secure.  I'll try looking at previous source code on Apoc's posts.  Maybe I can see how he did it.

Richard Haseltine said:

If you want to take over the challenge then please send a PM to Ann.

Hi Ann, I can make the polls, now that I've kind of figured it out, but I can't give out the prizes.  I believe that Richard said that you handle that.  Are you still willing to do that part of the challenge?

NGartplay said:

Hi Ann, I can make the polls, now that I've kind of figured it out, but I can't give out the prizes.  I believe that Richard said that you handle that.  Are you still willing to do that part of the challenge?

I said you needed to contact Ann about taking over the challenge, and explained how polls work - I didn't say you should actually do anything without discussing with and getting approval from Ann (which means, implicitly, APOC since it is his challenge).

edited April 26

I sincerely hope that the polls NGartplay worked so hard on, will not go in vain. At least this challenge can be closed, while decisions are made about future challenges. 

Post edited by mermaid010 on

I'm embarrassed and sorry about this whole situation.  I thought that I was filling a gap.

The problem is that, although daz sponsored the contest, it isn't a daz activity per se - Cholhole started on her own, and Apoc certaibnly took over in a private capacity. That means we cannot authorise someone else to take over without clearance. I am sorry my original reply wasn't clearer on this, but at the time I couldn't recall the details - hence sending you to Ann, who does the liaison for awarding prizes.

I don't know what to do Richard and Ann.  Ann, I thought I remembered you once mentioning that if someone could do the poll for you on another challenge that that would be helpful (could be this one.)  At the time I didn't know how to and hoped that things would work out for Apoc.

I'm not trying to take over the challenge, just created a poll for a challenge that ended on December 31st.  I really thought that I was being helpful.

Honestly, I'm sick to my stomach over this and I'm happy to be done with it after your decisions are made.  I'll finish up anything that you feel needs to be.

mermaid010 said:

I sincerely hope that the polls NGartplay worked so hard on, will not go in vain. At least this challenge can be closed, while decisions are made about future challenges. 

She has contacted me via PM and we are taking care of everything. No worries. The poll is fine...just some details needed to be coordinated /discussed smileyheart 

Thanks Ann for the reassurance smiley

Closing this since the discussion between the relevant parties is now being handled via PM.

This discussion has been closed.