What's the best way to delete old files?

wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713

I want to delete old files I don't use anymore and clear up some memory. Basically anything for Genesis, Genesis 2, and maybe some for Genesis 3. I know I can use DIM but searching for 'Genesis' clothes, ect., would be hard to seperate from the others. Thanks in advance for any help/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited April 20

Moved to techncial Help as it is not a daz Studio topic (unless you installed through Daz Studio, but you specify using DIM)

You could sort by install date or package  date - the older stuff should be for the older figures, though the later stuff will be a mix rather than purely the newer figures.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,309

Any readme for any product should have a list of where files were placed, that is another way to delete items if you want to make sure you got everything.

• wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713

Richard, thanks for moving the post to the proper channel.

I think I came up with a way the might not be too confusing to do. Just time consuming. But I would like to bounce this off both your heads. I gave up trying to use the clothes converter I bought last month. It's difficult to use and doesn't work. What clothes I converted wouldn't work on my G9 figure. But, if I just force the G8 clothes onto it, they function correctly. So, I just spent over 30 minutes deleting useless conversion by searching for (CV) in Wardrobe under the Products tab. I got the complete list that way. Then one at a time I right click on the icon to select "Show Product in Content Library". There I just deleted the folder and, poof, it's gone. I think the same proceedure will work to get rid of the items I want to delete, right?

Also, out of curiosity, I found out Gen 2 clothing will work on Gen 9 figures. So, I have to find a way just to start on the Gen 1 items.

Richard, I did sort the items in DIM by install date and was suprised how many stuff I don't want to delete at the top of the list. Do you think what I described above will work instead?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093

That is deleting only the user-facing files, not the .dsf assets (or the textures, but if there are conversions you would want to keep those anyway).