When product updates show up in install manager, how can i see what was changed?

I see updates to products I own, but i've often customized the files or fixed issues i've found myself so I may or may not want to get the updates.  How can I see the details for what was updated so I know if I should get the update or not?  Ideally some way to get to the information easily from the entry in DIM if possible. 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021

If you click the i icon you will open the readme, that should have a dated entry under Resolved Issues telling you of any changes.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,253

The "i" next to the Download button will take you to the ReadMe at the Daz Site. Unfortunately, the updates are not always documented. In those cases, I copy the existing file somewhere safe, download tbe new one and compare what is installed and what is in the new package (Show Installed Files, Show Package FIles). Sometimes there is no obvious change if no files have been added or removed. Then you have to open up the archive, use flat view and sort by date. At least you will see which files have changed. If that is still not enough, you will have to compare the contents of a modified file with a previous version. It could take a while... or just ask here if someone has done it already.

Personally, I keep any modifications separate from the installation and use references or categories to point to the modified one in place of the original broken one. That way, you can install the new one to test it out and either keep your mods, or use the updated one if it is good.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021

It has been suggested that you might use https://www.scootersoftware.com/ for comparisons.