Interactive License Question

I'm currently working on an indie game project, and I'd like to use some of the figures, outfits, etc. in said game ONLY in the in capacity of still images. Basically, the story/narrative portions of the game will be in either visual novel or animated cutscene format, while the gameplay will be in a pixelart sidescrolling format (with pixel art that I create myself). Do I still need an interactive license to use my DAZ content in the visual novel portion of my game? It seems to fit the "visual art only" requirement of the standard license, since the player won't be "interacting" (controlling, moving, or in any way directing) the DAZ models themselves, but I also don't know that DAZ or the content creators will see it that way and just claim that "game = need interactive license."

In short, I've got a ton of great DAZ content I'd love to use in the story portion of my game without letting the player directly control any of the DAZ assets, but I don't want to get sued into oblivion for using my DAZ image art as window dressing in an interactive product. Anybody have insight on this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131

You don't need an Interactive License for renders, either still or even as sprite art - only if you are including 3D models and/or textures derived from or incorportating the Daz content in the game.

• lgpaulsonlgpaulson Posts: 1

Awesome. Thank you, Richard.