Undo Redo List

functionfunction Posts: 275
edited April 18 in Freebies

I didn't find anyone did this before, so I wrote a script to list all Undo-Redos, clearly see how many steps already done, and go to any step by just one click.

However, DAZ only gives 19 steps back or forward, strongly wish DAZ can double or triple the steps, to let user have more selection.

zip
zip
Undo Redo.zip
UndoRedo2Table.png
382 x 896 - 96K
Post edited by function on

Comments

• functionfunction Posts: 275

One more interest thing, I found a DAZ official script which can expend/widen the view port dock temporarily, called Dock Area Toggle, at here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/general_ui/dock_area_toggle/start

So I downloaded it, add to my content library, then created a custom action for it to the script menu, then, the interesting step is, go to Window/Workspace/Customize - at the left top Custom, find this script, assign a shortcut key for it, I used F1. Therefore, everytime I want to widen the view port, just press F1, want to go back, press F1 again, very easy.

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited April 18

Very interesting script. It will probably be very useful. Thank you so much!

Post edited by Unseen on
  • vectorinusvectorinus Posts: 113

Wonderful script. Especially useful for those who perform many similar operations on an object. For example, when experimenting with surface parameters. It’s great to see a whole map of the changes made and go straight to one of them, rather than hitting the undo button many times. This is a revolutionary transition from a linear Undo model to a flat one. Bravo @function! The only pity is that many of those who are engaged in similar experiments on the properties of objects will not see your script. I was lucky to look here. Thank you!

• functionfunction Posts: 275

Hi vectorinus and Unseen, thank you for your enthusiastic praise. Let's wish DAZ can give more 'undo steps' in future. cheeky