Hiring an Artist

Hi, I am looking to hire an Artist for an extremely personal project very close to my heart. Artist needs to be able to create good quality photorealistic people. Thank you.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,196

Just to be clear, are you looking for someone to model one or more figures, or someone to do the renders for you?

• johnl884johnl884 Posts: 5
    Gordig said:

Just to be clear, are you looking for someone to model one or more figures, or someone to do the renders for you?

Sorry not sure what you mean.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041

johnl884 said:

Gordig said:

Do you need someone who would create images (or maybe animations) for you, or do you need someone who would create 3D content that you could then use to create images yourself?

Leana said:

johnl884 said:

Gordig said:

Do you need someone who would create images (or maybe animations) for you, or do you need someone who would create 3D content that you could then use to create images yourself?

Ah. Yes I need some to create the 3d content.
    johnl884 said:
    Leana said:

johnl884 said:

Gordig said:

Ah. Yes I need some to create the 3d content.
    Basically my computer has the power to render but I lack the skill to create.
    Hi, I am looking to hire an Artist for an extremely personal project very close to my heart. Artist needs to be able to create good quality photorealistic people. Thank you.
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027

I see you had a previous thread about this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/683216/hiring-an-artist#latest

If you want to garner more interest, it would help to be less vague. Some pertinent information that would be helpful:

1. Do you want actual 3D content that you can render yourself? Or do you want the artist to do the renders based on your brief? Keep in mind the scope of these two options is vastly different.
    2. If it is renders that you need, it would be helpful to show, via links or mood boards the style you are looking for (similar examples of your aim).
    3. Is this a paid job? If so, what would the ballpark budget be?
    4. What would the time frame be? How many images would it require?
    5. What type of content should the renders be in terms of rating? (Because some may not be comfortable with depictions of violence or sexual situations, for example).

Answering this and providing a more concrete brief may help your project gain more engagement. It's always best to be more proactive via doing the brunt of the communication when looking to hire. As with a vague request, many potential artists would lose interest and move on.

Hope this helps :)

edited April 22

I see you had a previous thread about this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/683216/hiring-an-artist#latest

If you want to garner more interest, it would help to be less vague. Some pertinent information that would be helpful:

1. Do you want actual 3D content that you can render yourself? Or do you want the artist to do the renders based on your brief? Keep in mind the scope of these two options is vastly different.
    2. If it is renders that you need, it would be helpful to show, via links or mood boards the style you are looking for (similar examples of your aim).
    3. Is this a paid job? If so, what would the ballpark budget be?
    4. What would the time frame be? How many images would it require?
    5. What type of content should the renders be in terms of rating? (Because some may not be comfortable with depictions of violence or sexual situations, for example).

Answering this and providing a more concrete brief may help your project gain more engagement. It's always best to be more proactive via doing the brunt of the communication when looking to hire. As with a vague request, many potential artists would lose interest and move on.

Hope this helps :)

Ah thanks :) Ok so: 1. Looking for some to make make 3d character for me to render. 2. I will provide the content to be made into 3d. 3. Fully paid job of course. Ballpark £100-£200 but flexible. 4. Timeframe is as long as you need to do the best job possible but let's say a month as ballpark. 5. One 3d character initially to see how it goes and how it looks. 6. If I went by a film or game rating then U. Like the lowest rating you can get. Hope that's helpful.
    Post edited by johnl884 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,974

Threads merged.