Can I upload my weight map?

I'm used to setting up a weight map in blender

Can I load my own weight map onto the figure? 
If yes, how to do it?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021

What do you mean? If you want to save a weightmap separately from the geometry in DS there isn't a feature that does that directly, but you could copy it to a dForm's weightmap and save that as a preset (as is done with the HeadSplit dForm for splitting Head/Body shapes from a full body morph in the recent Genesis figures)

• zeni1agentzeni1agent Posts: 9

Richard Haseltine said:

What do you mean? If you want to save a weightmap separately from the geometry in DS there isn't a feature that does that directly, but you could copy it to a dForm's weightmap and save that as a preset (as is done with the HeadSplit dForm for splitting Head/Body shapes from a full body morph in the recent Genesis figures)

It's inconvenient for me to edit weights in DAZ

I want to edit the weights in blender and then transfer the weights to the model in daz

But I don't know how to do this.
    The only thing that comes to my mind is
    Save a copy of the model as an obj file
    And then load the model into DAZ and apply Copy Weights to the selected object.
    This is just an example of how it could work in blender.
    I don't know how to do this for daz

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021

Try using the Beta vrsion of Daz Studio and export the model from Blender, weighted, in FBX format - the beta has soem updates to the FBX Importer that are not in the current General Release.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Depending on what you want to do... if you repainted the weight on a Genesis base figure or character in Blender and want to bring the updated weight maps onto the figure in DS, just export the figure to FBX in Blender and import it into DS (with Public Build as Richard suggested... otherwise you might not get correct results...). Then with Node Weight Brush tool activated, copy / paste general weight maps from the imported FBX to the Genesis figure. Then save as figure asset with your vendor name, etc....

If you're making a stand-alone figure, more or less you can adopt the same method but the workflow could be different... That'll be another stroy...

BTW, I recommend a Blender add-on, Better FBX Importer & Exporter, which can be pretty helpful. Search it on blendermarket.com and check what it can do...

edited April 20

Post edited by zeni1agent on

crosswind said:

Depending on what you want to do... if you repainted the weight on a Genesis base figure or character in Blender and want to bring the updated weight maps onto the figure in DS, just export the figure to FBX in Blender and import it into DS (with Public Build as Richard suggested... otherwise you might not get correct results...). Then with Node Weight Brush tool activated, copy / paste general weight maps from the imported FBX to the Genesis figure. Then save as figure asset with your vendor name, etc....

If you're making a stand-alone figure, more or less you can adopt the same method but the workflow could be different... That'll be another stroy...

BTW, I recommend a Blender add-on, Better FBX Importer & Exporter, which can be pretty helpful. Search it on blendermarket.com and check what it can do...

Do you mean this?

But I'm having some problems

When I save a file after editing in blender. I get this result

I tried using Better FBX Importer & Exporter
    But I get an error

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Yes, that's the function of copy/paste weights in your ss1 but I don't understand what're the figures/objects in your ss2... You should paste the weight map from an imported FBX object to a Genesis Figure.

And I've not experienced that sort of error when using Better importer... I have no idea what may cause that.