Recently bought stuff not showing up in Smart Content

wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713
edited April 15 in Daz Studio Discussion

I just bought and install 15 products including hair, clothing, and shoes. Though I haven't tried to find them all, I noticed there's hardly a change in number of those items when I search for G9 clothing/hair/shoes. So, I got the name of one of the missing items, a dress, and found it under Products in the Content Library section. What's going on here. Doesn't Daz even make sure the products they're going to sale is findable? One of the items in question is the dForce Saturday Night for G9 dress. Even the materials and other settings can only be found there.

I just saw one of the outfits I bought doesn't show up at all, unless it's misfiled.

Post edited by wildbillnash on

Comments

• ProtegeArtsProtegeArts Posts: 36

did you using the DAZ Install manager? thats the easiest way to install items purchased through the DAZ store.

• wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713

Yes, I did. I'm working up the list of missing/misplaced items now.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,160

Are they all newly-transferred products from Rederosity? It seems that many of them are lacking properly-made metadata. This was mentioned in the Always Another Sale thread and I've noticed it for several Fabiana products I installed over the weekend.

Okay, here's the list of the items that DON'T show up under Smart Content.

InStyle - Delta Bodysuit Genesis 8-8.1F and G9
    dForce Little Cutie Peplum G8G8.1F and G9
    dForce Capri Leggings G9
    dForce Saturday Night for G9F
    dForce Capulet Dress for G9
    dForce Elegant Evening G9
    InStyle - Schoolgirl Sexy Lingerie outfit for Genesis 9
    Mirana High Heels for Genesis 8 and 9
    Tris High Heels for Genesis 9 and 8 Female

I do have a g9 figure chosen and I search for each and every item one at a time.
    Any ideas what's going on?

Apart from the last two (shoes) the others do seem to all be transfers from Rendo - so as I said above they are missing useful metadata. You could open support ticket(s) about them?

edited April 15

As far as i know, this is a known issue. I had the same issue as you where, the hair i purchased only showed up in the "Content" tab instead of the smart. There's nothing much you can do but manually find it.

also, i recommend reading the description, "InStyle"is a companion texture set for InStyle - Delta Bodysuit Genesis 8-8.1F and G9 by lilflame." which means you need to buy https://www.daz3d.com/delta-bodysuit-genesis-8-8-1f-and-g9 to properly use it. I found that out the hard way, for me it was the hair colour.

edit; spelling

edit 2; always check at the bottom of the page

Screenshot (131).png
    1920 x 1080 - 607K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited April 15

WHAT? I have to buy somethiing else. I don't remember seeing that requirement on the sales page. I\ll have to check. Also, the link you gave is bad. I think I know why, though.

Yikes! You're right. I missed that. Well, gotta spend more $$$ now.

Well, I bought it. Still doesn't show up.

Post edited by wildbillnash on

I'm sure you have this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-starter-essentials-47939 already. based on the descriptions, these are new folks dropping things so there may be a few bugs they need to figure out. if you cant see the link, just type in 'dForce" in the search bar, have the low-high price and it should read dforce starter essentials. Besides thats the only issuse i see from the rest of the list uto the last 2, which is odd since its a proper set. again, could be some the same issue i have with a hair, which is considered a cap and is only found in the "Content" tab.

the only 2 items you need are the InStyle. 

Screenshot (132).png
    1920 x 1080 - 594K
  • 3-D Arena3-D Arena Posts: 190
    edited April 15

I'm having this issue as well, but it's stuff I bought before the migration so it's not just migrated items.

It shows up in DIM, but I tend to use the smart content pane to install because sometimes I add items I've removed while I'm working on a scene.  But these items aren't showing up to install in Smart Content.

Post edited by 3-D Arena on

Protege, I have that item. I've submitted a ticket. We'll see what happens next.

Okay, I've got an update for those with similar problems. I was able to find all but 3 of my missing products. They were in the Lost and Found. I don't know if they are complete or working, will have to check on that tomorrow. And the three that are missing might be under a different name.

It's a shame DAZ can't make sure all the products they sale are categorized properly. They rely on the product creators to do it. I have no idea how many missing items are lost in there.

Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    No, Daz does not rely on product creators to categorize product assets. Daz makes the metadata, not PAs.

And I guess Daz is snowed under with all these transfers as well as the normal releases and maybe are prioritizing the latter?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,090

MelanieL said:

And I guess Daz is snowed under with all these transfers as well as the normal releases and maybe are prioritizing the latter?

Making full metadaat for several hundrd products would not really be practical in the available time. We have asked if they will be revisitied later, but no response yet. People who do their own categorisation could share the result, though care  would be needed to make sure it could be removed with a proper update.

Okay, I was able to find all but 3 products. The three missing ones have been downloaded and installed, but are invisible somehow. I think they are listed with another name, and since the creators don't tell us the names, we can never find them.

I just can't beileve I purchased so many bad categorized products in one day. What does that tell you?

Is there a was to recategorize the products 'without' going through 20+ items of each product doing so? If not, I have one other route I can do. Create a folder in My Library and tranfer the items one by one into it. That way it would make it easier to do. I just hate spending money doing something the creators should have done.

As for the missing three products, if I can't find them I'm going to ask for a refund.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited April 16

Normally categorizing or re-categorizing asset items has be done on product basis 'cause the user-facing files locate in different folders... I'm afraid there's no shortcut. Surely you can dump the files of multiple product into a single folder and edit metadata as per that folder... but it's not a best practice.

Well, the commonly-seen error that results in "missing product" in Smart Content is that no metadata or wrong metadata was imported in cms database when you installed the prodcut via DIM.

I don't know which product is missing but let's take "dForce Capri Leggings G9" ( https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-capri-leggings-g9 ) as an example. You either enter "dForce Capri Leggings G9 in the filter field as per screenshot 1, see if you can get it. Or enter "SKU::94740...as per screenshot 2 ( I bought it from Rendo, so SKU number is different but the method is the same...), see if you can get it....

SNAG-2024-4-17 013.png
    496 x 1294 - 96K
    SNAG-2024-4-17 014.png
    496 x 1294 - 89K
    Post edited by crosswind on

Crosswind, funny thing. The leggings are the ones that are completely missing. I checked DIMS product list and they don't ever show up, even though I bought it and it's on my product library online. Go figure.

just tried that search and no dice. Didn't come up at all.

I had another missing product I found was listed by initials. But it was missing elsewheres. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

wildbillnash said:

Crosswind, funny thing. The leggings are the ones that are completely missing. I checked DIMS product list and they don't ever show up, even though I bought it and it's on my product library online. Go figure.

just tried that search and no dice. Didn't come up at all.

I had another missing product I found was listed by initials. But it was missing elsewheres. 

If so, go to the folder: your Daz Library\runtime\support, search by 94740, see if you can locate metadata DSX file...

Or go to DIM - Installed tab, right click on the installed product of this Leggings, select "Show Installed Files". From the list, see if you can locate the DSX file in runtime\support folder.

If you can, attach DSX file in here if possible. I can help to check.  If DSX file cannot be found anywhere, request for refund !

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388
    edited April 16

Richard Haseltine said:

MelanieL said:

Making full metadaat for several hundrd products would not really be practical in the available time. We have asked if they will be revisitied later, but no response yet. People who do their own categorisation could share the result, though care  would be needed to make sure it could be removed with a proper update.

Yes, well, then maybe delay the store launch until said products are actually fully functional according to the store's own standards ...? Anyways, not your fault Richard, thanks for taking this up with them. I'm sorry for the migrated vendors, but I for one will postpone any further purchases from them until the metadata is fixed. Have such masses in Lost & Found already, spending so much time fixing it - geeee, I do have a life lying around somewhere ... (I guess ...)

Post edited by tsroemi on

You know what I would really like to see? Ratings. Actually customer ratings like how they do it on Amazon. That will make the creators not to take any shortcuts.

Unfortunately, from my experience, the people at Daz Studio most likely won't allow it. It would decrease sales.

Having said this, this post will most likely be deleted soon. (Truth hurts.)

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,740

Smart Content is one area that troubles me. It is supposed to be a feature that makes things easier for us. Instead, we're sometimes faced with the possiblity of doing extensive alterations and problem-solving.

That's yet another reason I stick with the simple Content Library.

• amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 98
    edited April 20

I have been experiencing this issue too for quite some time. Though recently I've noticed it's becoming more frequent. 

Usually I just uncheck 'filter by context' and search for the item as more often than not it's in smart content but in a completely different catagory. For example: I've had skirts appear in pants and sweaters appear in full outfit and jean-shorts appear in underwear. Often part of an outfit is not catagorized at all and I have to load the full outfit to get that item I want and remove the rest. 

Of course, if the item doesn't appear after searching for the clothing or vendor name (as it is in the store), things can get time consuming. Searching a generic name like 'sweater' or 'pants' or 'jeans' can work, but not always. 

Uncatagorized materials and shaders though are a whole lot worse. I've experienced this issue with a number of hair products.  Again, they are in smart content but do not automatically appear when the hair and/or figure is selected. The only way to find them is to uncheck 'filter by context'. 

Other issues I've had include: misplaced lighting and rendering presets - especially HDRI's. Props not appearing where they should be - and have a completely different name so they're difficult to search for. I've also experienced problems with lighting presets that actually change the render aspect ratio (seriously, why???), but that's a seperate topic.  

What's really frustrating about this is I spend more time searching for wrongly catagorized and poorly named items than I do building and lighting a scene. 

Post edited by amysparkles on
  • HatBHatB Posts: 77

I've had this problem, too. Today all of a suddem with no changes in the location of files, I suddenly have access to things I ordered several days ago and installed from DIM at that time. Now I can see and install them within the program. The orders went back as far as the 10th and included Cheyenne 9 which I ordered on the 16th. 

• Same here, todays 20 purchases are not showing up in smart content after installing them with DIM. Tried reimporting metadata, nothing helped