Moving the content folders is a flipping nightmare

I have never been able to do this. It is always a nightmare. You install Studio. You are using it. Everything is humming right along. Life is good. Eventually, you notice that your hard drive is filling up. You look at the directories for daz content. You realizeThe DAZ purchases and the 3rd party purchases are the culprits. You copy everything to an external. You open up the content manager. You reestablish connections to the the newly coppied folders/directories (yes even the ones hidden by your system) you were careful to set up the same directory structure on the external. ...and voila! Everything is a broken mess. Nothing works. Postgre SQL error. Yep. it's an abortion. Really?!  does it need to be this much of a mess. Surely this is common enough that there should be a migrate button that coppies and redirects the applications (DAZ Studio and DIM) to the new location. Hey, maybe there is and it's obsured by a crappy interface. All I know is that I couldn't use studio when my hard drive was full, and I can't use studio now that everything is a mess. Either way. I can't use it. This is my second time of trying this and having to start over from scratch. FIX IT MAYBE?!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446

If the content directory selections are correct it will work in my experience - changing the database directory can be trickier as PostgreSQL is fussy about access rights, and it is important that all applications using the database are closed before trying to move it (or back it up).