Need Help with Hair

I have a hair figure, that already fits by its base position the Genesis 8 Female, but its bone structure doesn't follow the G8F bone structure.
How do I conform it to G8F, without loosing the hair's additional bones?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

You are not specific about which hair you are talking about.

But in order to use hairs from other generations, while maintaining extra bones, I would just manually fit the hair, and then parent to the head.

A hair converter should also be an option.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,926
    edited April 13

felis said:

You are not specific about which hair you are talking about.

But in order to use hairs from other generations, while maintaining extra bones, I would just manually fit the hair, and then parent to the head.

A hair converter should also be an option.

Well, it is not a Hair from previous generations, although it is rigged, weigt mapped and fits at least in size and position to Genesis 8 female.
    The tusk ist to NOT just parent it, but conform it to G8f, and because it is a long hair, and I'd like to avoid poking it through G8F's chest when posing.
    So how would I do it?

Post edited by Masterstroke on

It is a little hard to follow.

You can't have a hair with custom bones, that still conforms to the character. It is either-or.

But if it has custom bones, why don't you use them to pose the hair so it doesn't intersect with the body?

edited April 13

felis said:

It is a little hard to follow.

You can't have a hair with custom bones, that still conforms to the character. It is either-or.

But if it has custom bones, why don't you use them to pose the hair so it doesn't intersect with the body?

OOT Hair is perfectley conforming and HAS extra bones.
    And I don't want to move every hair bone seperatly, each time I bend, twist or move to the side G8F's head.

EDIT:
    Picture upload.
    Is there any way to have the Hair bones of the AltHair organized in the hair hirachy like it is done here with the example of this OOtHair?

OOTHair bones.jpg
    2035 x 1356 - 563K
    AltHair bones.jpg
    1973 x 1179 - 571K
    Post edited by Masterstroke on

If you bend the torso towards the hair with dedicated bones, the hair won't move.

For adjusting the hair you can select all (or a part of) the dedicated hair bones, and then in Parameters > Preferences tick 'consolidate properties' and untick 'display seperate items. Then you can rotate all the hair bones at once.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

What figure is your Alt hair made for?

chris-2599934 said:

What figure is your Alt hair made for?

This Item has been actually made for G8F and G8.1F.
    This hair has been part of a cloth/hair/character set, over at RenderHub called "Alt Cunningham for Genesis 8 and 8.1"