Selection options

Ever since I've been using 4.22, I can no loger right-click on the figure (or item) in the viewport.  Nothing happens, anymore.

I have to use the Surface Selection Tool, now, to select a figure or prop (item).  Or click on the scene tab.  And that's a lot more trouble.  Doesn't work as well.

I used to simply 'click' or 'right-click' on the item (Can't remember which), and the item was selected. ...could then be moved around, redressed, ect...

Is there a setting to get that method working again?  

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,672

Which tool is active?

There isn't a little arrow with a cross on the object in the scene tab?

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited April 12

Hello, 

A pointer- arrow- ...tool is 'Scene Navigator'.   I can select the Surface Selection Tool, but I thought i used to (could) select a figure (for example), by just 'clicking' on it, while using the Scene Navigator. 

However it was set before, I guess i took it for granted, if 4.22 changed how it worked.

Post edited by dash2128 on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,672

I must say I never use Scene Navigator. And looking in Tool Settings there is no identification that it can select objects. The name and icons indicates that you can move around in your scene.

And it is the same in 4.21.

For selecting objets I usually use Universal Tool (or Node Selection Tool).

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648

Oh!  'Node Selection' tool!  I think that's what i must've had it set on.  That seems to work.   THANK YOU!   And thanks for replying!