Adding material to old Poser props

Hey, guys.  Been using Daz for several years, but I'm still a complete novice in many respects.  That said, I've noticed that with some old props originally designed for Poser, especially amateur prop makers, that I'm not able to make the material files work correctly in Daz studio.  Whether you add the materials manually or try to use a shader, the textures just won't show up.  The most you'll be able to do is change the diffuse color, but nothing else.

I'm sure there must be some workaround, I just don't have a clue what it is.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

Using old poser props without DS materials in DS will generally require manual fiddling in the surfaces tab, or applying DS shaders to them.

DS will only read basic settings from Poser material presets, ie diffuse, transparency, bump and reflection maps (and even those might need to be adjusted). Anything which would use nodes from the Poser material room, like specular, displacement, and so on will be completely ignored and you'll need to adjust the surface parameters yourself to use those features. Also, poser procedural materials won't work at all.