Missing materials

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in New Users

Suddenly Daz does not see "materials". Characters, that I had added clothes to and worked with on various occasions, now will not open with the materials attached to the clothing. They will not even show skin tones. Everything is that neutral gray.

Note that the brown clothed Lady is the character chosen and she only comes out gray.

Disappearing_Materials.png
904 x 709 - 181K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Have you by any chance set your Viewport to Smooth Shaded instead of Texture Shaded?

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I did not set to that but I have notice lately that Daz just sets it self to a different viewport. Sometimes it is wireframe, sometimes hidden lines. I didn't think to check that this time.

Any idea of why that happens? Are there keystrokes that I could be inadvertently hitting or something like that?

edited December 1969

I think they do have Keyboard short cuts so hitting the wrong keys could cause that. I'm not sure on what the keys are as I use very few Keys in DS.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited August 2012

There are hotkeys to set these. Ctrl+1 to Ctrl+9 using the numbers on the main keyboard change to the different shading types.

Edit: Cross Post, sorry.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I don't remember hitting anything like that but I will watch out for it.

Mean time do you have any idea of how I can get this figure to lie flat, as in she is dead or unconscious? I can't seem to find the controls to get her to completely relax :-).

edited December 1969

Oops! 4got the file.

Screen_shot_2012-08-31_at_1.44_.17_PM_.png
    639 x 257 - 76K
    edited December 1969

You will need to Adjust the POSE. No way to Auto do that I'm afraid.

edited December 1969

Just kidding about the auto. I meant that her spine is arched and I can't figure out which controls to use to straighten it.

edited August 2012

If you use the Standard Select Tool you should be able to Select the different parts of the Figure and get the Pose control BALL that pops up on screen. You just edit each section a little till you get what you need. Looks like Shoulders, Abdomen, and Hips will need work to me.

Opps, and Chest I left out chest.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Did you mean the universal tool? I don't see anything that say standard tool.

edited December 1969

Just the ARROW tool. The Node Selection Tool I think. Then you will get the Pose ball in the upper left corner when you select a section of your figure. The little rings have a dark line in them that can be moved for quick pose up dates. If you pick the wrong section just hit Undo and try the next one. I use it all the time.

edited December 1969

That’s what I was doing but I think getting rid of the arch is a bit unnatural so it won't work. How about control of the eyes

edited December 1969

This is what I got, so far. How do i close the eyes. I don't see a setting for the eye lids in the scene tab. This is a V4 figure.

Screen_shot_2012-08-31_at_2.38_.19_PM_.png
    591 x 223 - 64K
    edited December 1969

Select the Head and open the Parameters Tab. You should find a listing for BASE under Morphs Expressions and the morph dial to close them should be listed in that section.