No Bryce Support

JuncusJuncus Posts: 4
edited December 2015 in Bryce Discussion

Hi I figured as support won't reply I might get help here instead.

I installed bryce recently but it does not work. First I installed Bryce pro, found it didn't work and when I went back to my products library I also found Bryce 7 which had not been mentioned. I started again and installed Bryce followed by Pro. That doens't work. When I went to report it I found there were instructions that do not come with the product [real helpful] so I started again and have the same problem this;

At the end of the install it sends me to this;

http://artzone.daz3d.com/wiki/doku.php/pub/software/bryce/start?

Which does not exist. After that I just get

when I try to start it. It has now been nearly 3 days and I guess I was going to have some time to use this software sooner than not. Any idea why I get a page that doesn't exits, the installation does not work or if there is something else that I've not been told?

Thanks

Post edited by Juncus on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You need to install either   Bryce_7.1.0.109_Win32.exe  or  Bryce_7.1.0.109_Mac32.zip

These have to be installed before any of the content zips

If you are using a Mac, please be aware that Bryce 7 Pro does not work on any OS X newer that 10.6

For installing the Content, Horo (one of our Bryce PAs) has done this helpful PDF.  https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

BTW, it would be better to ask Bryce specific questions in the Bryce forum, would you like me to move this thread over there?

• Thanks to you both. The C++ redist worked great. Of course I can't use it as I have no registration information. I just spent 10 minutes looking for that on the forums. Again why the secrecy about something I bought?

To DAZ I say;

I guess it would be better if the correct information about installing was supplied with the product somewhere. It would also be better if they learnt how to actually create an installer that understand dependnacies; there are even free ones out there that do this! 64bit systems have been around for a while and it is no longer possible to buy a 32bit system. I had no help from my ticket raised correctly on the system. It should not have been this difficult. If the product is this bad its not going to go well. Still what do I know I've only been a software engineer and Sysman for 30 years.

Again thanks to Chohole and Fishtales.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,291

S/N should be in this

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

in Your Account

Hope that helps

BTW, another tip for you, a general tip, not a Bryce orientated one.  If you go here https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/  you can select a forum user name to replace the autogenerated one.

• JuncusJuncus Posts: 4
    edited January 2016

Thanks

Post edited by Juncus on
    edited January 2016

Bug reports here please  https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new    Use tech support as the relevant Dept and mark it bug report.   Also I have sent you a PM   which you find by going to your inbox.    You find you inbox by clicking on the gear icon in the blue-ish line at top of the page right side.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited January 2016
    Fishtales said:

Ya see how easy these day's software firms treating their customers... they just sell products what are crashing with hundreds of bugs etc etc... they even have in their F.A.Q's a thread named " Known Errors or bugs " LMAO!!!!!... Imagine you buy a new car.. and you get a small list whats say's "Known Errors".

These software firms making tons of money every year... sellling you a product from hundreds of dollars, and in the manual they write a email where you can post Bugs and Errors... UNBELIEVABLE....

Don't they have people who testing the software ???

Do they only see the Dollar sign in front of their eye's ???

Post edited by Atlantis on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    Atlantis said:
    Fishtales said:

Ya see how easy these day's software firms treating their customers... they just sell products what are crashing with hundreds of bugs etc etc... they even have in their F.A.Q's a thread named " Known Errors or bugs " LMAO!!!!!... Imagine you buy a new car.. and you get a small list whats say's "Known Errors".

These software firms making tons of money every year... sellling you a product from hundreds of dollars, and in the manual they write a email where you can post Bugs and Errors... UNBELIEVABLE....

The FAQ thread is user generated, nothing to do with DAZ.

I have never had the side by side error and the bug report is for those users that do get it so they can report it and how/when it happened to see if it can be replicated and looked at. All software is the same not just from DAZ because most bugs don't appear until there are thousands of users using hundreds of different computer configurations using it.

Atlantis said:
    Fishtales said:

Don't they have people who testing the software ???

Do they only see the Dollar sign in front of their eye's ???

Ahem,    Have you seen the sticky threads at the top of the forum.    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7516/help-bryce-7-pro-crashes-on-launch-side-by-side-error-windows-error#latest

The side by side error is caused by Windoze, If you updated an older OS on a machine that had previously had a 32 bit version of windoze, then you didn't get it.  If you bought a brand spanking new 64 bit machine with a 64 bit OS like Win 7, then you get the side by side error, because Microsoft ommited these DLLs, and so have had to release a series of redistributals for people to use to sort it out.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

Well Atlantis. I generally agree with you to a point. A car and a piece of software are a bit difficult to compare, even more difficult than apples and pears. You see, a car is just hardware bolted together and if a bolt is missing, a hole reminds the mechanic to put a screw in. Software testers are as good as they know what the program is supposed to do. Some glitches go undetected, sometimes for years. The bright side of this is that sometimes you stumble over a bug you can exploit and all of a sudden, you're not sure whether it's a bug or a feature.