Character preset saved without brows but will load with brows

ElorElor Posts: 1,136

Hello,

I saved a character preset using the no brows textures from JS Fanny HD but when I'm loading it, the preset will load with the textures with brows baked in surprise

I tried to save the character preset a couple of times, thinking that the previous time, I may have been too tired and did something wrong, but the result never changed.

To explain my process:

• Loading Fanny HD
  • Applying the no brows material settings from the IRAY PBR material directory, then setting the Normal to On
  • Saving character presets
  • Loading it

With other caracters (like Victoria 9), that process is working fine and no brows are baked in the textures shown when loading a character preset saved without them. But with Fanny HD, here's the result (character saved on the left, character preset loaded on the right):

Scene tab also shows that no brows are loaded:

If someone's has an idea, I'm all ears smiley

Fanny Character Preset.jpg
1600 x 1600 - 297K
fanny_hd.png
326 x 307 - 25K
Post edited by Elor on

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

That's because when you save it as a character preset, you still get all the post-load things added from the original. So, you would need to go into that part and delete the eyebrows from there.

Threads that talk about the Post Load Script Settings, which you may find useful:

If you find working with the Post Load too complex, an alternative is to save the character as a scene subset instead.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,136

Thank you, I'll read both topics and will try to solve the problem smiley

• ElorElor Posts: 1,136
    edited April 11

I know a lot of funnier ways to lost an hour or two than trying to use the Post Load Script Settings panel…

There is likely at least one bug in the duf file (I'll have to open a ticket). When I open the Post Load Script Settings panel after loading Fanny HD from her .duf file, it looked like that:

The 'JS Fanny Eyebrows.duf' is not located at:

/People/Genesis 9/Characters/JS/Fanny HD/AddOns/JS Fanny Eyebrows.duf

but here:

/People/Genesis 9/Characters/Daz Originals/Fanny HD/AddOns/JS Fanny Eyebrows.duf

I fixed it and as nice bonus, Fanny HD's Eyebrows are now loaded automatically, but I have a question regarding this panel : most elements' paths start with 'data/' but one starts with '/data/'. Are both equivalent or is one of them an error ?

I played a bit with the setting: first, I removed any mention of the MATs files which was not my best idea because I ended with gray eyes, grays eyelashes and grey mouth (I did it because looking at Victoria 9 Post Script Settings panel, there was no mention of MATs files). Then I replaced all mention with what seems to be the accurate files but ended with the wrong eye color (I changed it to see how it would react) and the normal maps that are supposed to be added were not:

Then, I moved the Eyes at the bottom of the list of addon to load (well, moved, I had to duplicate it twice because I didn't find a way to change either the name of a sub-setting or how to move a sub-setting), which solved the item color but trying to add a sub-setting just to load the normal maps didn't change the situation.

I also tried to create a material presets, but still no normal maps (while loading manually the material presets added the normal maps just fine).

I'm likely doing something wrong, but I don't see what (not that I really understand what I'm doing in the first place). If someone has an idea, I'm all ears blush

In the meantime, I now have a character preset that will load the base character with the correct PBR map, the correct eyes color and a material presets that will take care of adding the normal maps.

post_load_script_setting_original.jpg
    774 x 500 - 78K
    post_load_script_setting_PBR_mats.jpg
    774 x 500 - 68K
    post_load_script_setting_PBR_mats_Gray_eyes.jpg
    948 x 397 - 66K
    post_load_script_setting_mats_presets.jpg
    938 x 391 - 63K
    Post edited by Elor on