Why does 3Delight rendering in DAZ do this???

I'm trying to learn how to use this rendering option in DAZ, but I can't find any specific information addressing this.  I don't know what it's called to form higher quality queries.  3Delight just stops at this incredibly base layer, and I don't have any clue what it could be used for aside from creating skin detail layers.  I'm trying to get a complete image out of it like with iRay.

I have an all AMD build, so I can't use GPU rendering.  I'm exploring other, potentially faster options to speed up my workflow and, hopefully, create and render complete scenes all in DAZ.  This is because bridging into Blender keeps warping my figures in destructive ways (some parts like ponytails are detached, skewed proportions, cartooning the musculature, no colors, lost detail).  This result is basically a filled outline.  What exactly do I need to learn?  I'm puzzled by the available information not addressing this.

FB1ATGGAU33DL.png
3840 x 2160 - 171K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,203

What is in your scene? My guess would be that you're trying to render something which is using Iray shaders that 3DL doesn't know how to process.

• fearthefailurefearthefailure Posts: 83
    edited April 8

Leana said:

What is in your scene? My guess would be that you're trying to render something which is using Iray shaders that 3DL doesn't know how to process.

Thanks for jumping in.  I only have a reflective floor, lights, and the figure itself.  Nothing else exists in the scene.

Post edited by fearthefailure on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210

Have you somehow set the render settings to cartoon mode? I don't know if it still exists, but it used to - see HERE for getting to the parameter (if it DOES still exist)

• MelanieL said:

Have you somehow set the render settings to cartoon mode? I don't know if it still exists, but it used to - see HERE for getting to the parameter (if it DOES still exist)

Thanks!  I'll check that out.

I don't have a setting for cartoon mode outside of the Viewport, and I always have that in PBR when I start a render.  I basically left all of the 3Delight settings on stock to see what happens.  The only thing I set was resolution to 4K.  I switched to iRay to render out because I have a deadline today, and it rendered perfectly in two hours.  It would've been so much faster if I had Nvidia GPU's, but I went with AMD to save money long before I even had the idea to start making these games.  I didn't know I would ever deal with DAZ or what the requirements would be.  I just woke up one day and decided I would start in game development lol Now I can't pivot because I don't have the budget for new components right now.

• Okay, I followed that post and the instructions therein.  My Render Style was set for Default all this time.  Could it be my Render Range?  It automatically set itself for 0 - 359.  I don't know if that's enough or not.  I don't know what any of these settings will do, so I didn't touch them.  I had hoped I could figure this out intuitively, but it's not working out lol

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210

Ah, it was only a passing thought. I've never seen that happen myself, but I only don't use 3Delight all that often now.

• OMG!  I just found something that explained it to me.  I'm working in Genesis 9 with virtually no RSL mats.  I'm getting that result because 3Delight can't see anything but the RSL mats that were included in the assets I used for the character.  I can't believe I couldn't find that before.  I also found that 3Delight won't give me anything photorealistic.  My only option for faster rendering is bridging into Blender.  Now I need to learn how to do that properly.