Is there a way to make a shortcut icon in the Daz models directories to load PS models?

There are many times when want to apply a piece of clothing for a character that I have in, for example, my Daz/people/Genesis directory, but that piece of clothing is only in the Poser formats directories.  So, to get to it in the Content Library tab I have to back up, click on Poser Formats, work my way through that maze to get to the clothing model that I want to load in.  Then, having loaded it in, I have to work my way back to the DAZ Studie Formats maze to continue.

Question --- Is there a way that I can place some kind of a shortcut icon into the DS directory where I have the DS character's model, so that I can simply have an icon right there that will reference and load something that is in the Poser Format directory?  That way, I could have quick access to everything that pertains to that one character all in one directory without having to search through the Contant Library mazes to find the PS directories for the dress/jewelry/clothing/etc. that I want..

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,992

You can right-click on a folder>Create Custom Action, which will place it in the Favourites or Scripts menu. Once created you can use Window>Workspace>Customise to find it under Custom on the left and drag it into a menu or toolbar of your choice on the right.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 539
    edited April 9

@Lyn_Buchanan - Creating custom actions and putting them into your Favorites, Scripts or other menu is a good way to find frequently needed  items.  Those menus allow you to create sub menus if desired when you need a bit more organization in them.  However, if you have a lot of items that you want to quickly locate, another tool is to use Create a Product from … feature in Daz Studio.  When you create a product, you can add items to it from one installed content item or from as many different installed content items as you wish.

1. For example, the first image below is from a wardrobe item in my Poser content library in my Content Library.  It came from Renderosity and I manually installed the files in my Poser Library to which Daz Studio is also pointed via the Content Directory Manager.

2. I can right-click on the item’s folder in the left side of the Content Library and select Create a Product from … (second image) to create a new product containing all of the files in the folder.

3. Or I can right-click on individual items (as few or as many as desired; I have selected three in the third image) on the right side of the Content Library and select Create a Product from …to create a new product containing the selected files.

4. A newly created product will appear in Smart Content initially without an image icon; it will show the default ! icon because there is no icon image file yet for new product to use.

5. It will be helpful to sort your Smart Content by Sort by Install Date : Recent First so that the default icon is at the top of the Smart Content pane.

6. You can easily the new product’s icon image from any image that you download or render and save by using the information in the new product’s metadata.

7. Because the files were manually installed and not using the Daz Install Manager (DIM), when the new product is created, it has a dsx file name that begins with LOCAL_USER followed by whatever you named the new product.  Name the image file that you wish to use as a product icon in Smart Content by using everything from LOCAL_USER up to but not including .dsx.  End the image filename with .jpg to create a JPG file if it is not already a JPG file.

8. Move the image file to your Runtime/Support folder in your Daz Studio content library.  In Smart Content, refresh the listing (right click on All Products and click Refresh) for the icon to be shown.

1 - Poser wardrobe item.jpg
    603 x 896 - 122K
    2 - Create a Product from folder.jpg
    603 x 896 - 136K
    3 - Create a Product from selected items.jpg
    671 x 1040 - 171K
    4 - Default new product icon.jpg
    556 x 896 - 138K
    5 - Sort by Install Date.jpg
    603 x 1040 - 185K
    6 - Edit Metadata.jpg
    1598 x 1040 - 293K