Want to commission a G9 geograft.

AliPopAliPop Posts: 42

So, I'm not sure exactly how in depth I should go specifically in here, but I am looking for someone who can make a geograft for the G9 fingernails. Basically what I am looking for is a setup with more usable geometry aswell as better UV mapping, but not really changing the overall shape or the ability to use existing morphs. This is something that isn't addressed well enough with the various "accessory" type fingernails as I still want to be able to mix and match alot of morphs together, and then adjust the result in Blender.

My main use case is I am currently developing a whole character creation workflow for myself that is based on G9 in Blender that uses a ton of procedural shaders that can then be baked into rasterized tiles. And the main problem I have run into with the nails is that there's just not enough geometry for me to make a high level morph that also works procedurally. There is a similar problem with the g9 nipples and navels, but there's a ton of super cheap geografts that fix that. However something like the ultra-fine details of the fingernails is alot less of a focus for most people, so it seems no one has done this yet. Some of the flaws are very minor and not noticable to most people, but it is still something I am bothered by quite a bit. And then other flaws like the UV mapping are something that are currently unworkable for me.

I have no idea how much I should be expected to pay for something like this or even what the proper way to go about this is. But if anyone has the ability to make a graft that works, I'd be able to discuss all of that. It would give me a huge step forward towards completing my pipeline.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,698

Have you considered fake nails? I.e. a fake nail on top of the existing.

If you want more geometry and it shall be part of the finger, you need more geometry on the finger, so the geografts should be more of the fingers, or probably part of the hand so you only need one attachment point for a geograft.

You could let the nail replce the old nail, but then you would need a morph to let the mesh be connected

• AliPopAliPop Posts: 42

Part of my pipeline is Diffeomorphic's "apply geografts" function inside of blender. This is why "fake" nails don't work, as I mentioned above. I would want it to be a "one size fits all" situation. Since I've spent a ton of time trying to solve my issues with making morphs, I've concluded that for how I want to do things, morphs aren't enough. That said, I don't see any issues with the fingers being part of the geograft other than I would worry about it potentially messing with some hand morphs. But maybe that just wouldn't happen, I don't know. That's why I want to pay someone that knows all of this to do it for me.

Having more geometry available is 2 fold important because some of the 3d shapes I want to make are limited by the current number of loops on each nail, aswell as the fact that many existing morphs use part of the skin as the nail's geometry which leads to UV mapping issues. But this is because one of the loops is nail on top and skin on bottom, so the only way to make it work is to separate the top and bottom halves of that loop, which again leads to texturing issues in addition to shape inconsistency.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

A geograft would be different geometry so morphs for existing nails would not work.