Download files too big

FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 284

Hello, I have a problem to download a product again. Since I only have mobile internet I'm not able to download very big files. Some of the product files are splitted, so it's no problem for me to download, but now I bought a product yesterday and the download file is more than 3GB. I have no chance to download this, so I have to ask for a refund, if there is no way to get it splitted. How can I ask to get this done? is there a way to contact the PA to do so?

Thank you in advance.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

Try contacting Daz support. AFAIK the PA doesn't do the packaging, and Daz handles customer service for them anyway.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446

Moved to Techncial help as it is not a Product Suggestion.

Could you download via a public hotspot or a friends, if you then place the zip in the Downloads folder used by DIM it will be available in the Ready to install tab. Alternatively, installing through Daz Studio downloads each file separately.

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 284

Richard Haseltine said:

Moved to Techncial help as it is not a Product Suggestion.

Could you download via a public hotspot or a friends, if you then place the zip in the Downloads folder used by DIM it will be available in the Ready to install tab. Alternatively, installing through Daz Studio downloads each file separately.

no, there is no way for me to download it at a public hotspot or at friends. How can I download through Daz Studio? I never did this before.

edited April 8

Leana said:

Try contacting Daz support. AFAIK the PA doesn't do the packaging, and Daz handles customer service for them anyway.

I already did this some time ago with another file, but they couldn't help me. Maybe I should ask again.

Post edited by FantastArt on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

FantastArt said:

no, there is no way for me to download it at a public hotspot or at friends. How can I download through Daz Studio? I never did this before.

Within Daz Studio is a separate installer called Daz Connect - to activate this you would log into your account inside Daz Studio and then you can install products from there. I don't use it so I am not sure if it's double-click or maybe right-click and install but it should be straight-forward enough.

It is not agood idea to use BOTH Daz Connect and DIM as they can cause conflicts or double-installs. However, I believe the main benefit Daz Connect has over DIM is for people on metered/restricted connections and so is possibly a good choice for you.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446

Connect>Connect and then enter your details to log in. DS will then download the details of the products you own (this may take a while if you haven't done it before) and they will appear in the Install tab, in Smart Content>Products with the All or Available installstate folter at the bottom active, or in Content Library under products. Right-click on the product container, or doubled-click on the thumbnail to install.

SofaCitizen said:

FantastArt said:

Within Daz Studio is a separate installer called Daz Connect - to activate this you would log into your account inside Daz Studio and then you can install products from there. I don't use it so I am not sure if it's double-click or maybe right-click and install but it should be straight-forward enough.

It is not agood idea to use BOTH Daz Connect and DIM as they can cause conflicts or double-installs. However, I believe the main benefit Daz Connect has over DIM is for people on metered/restricted connections and so is possibly a good choice for you.

Thank you!

Richard Haseltine said:

Connect>Connect and then enter your details to log in. DS will then download the details of the products you own (this may take a while if you haven't done it before) and they will appear in the Install tab, in Smart Content>Products with the All or Available installstate folter at the bottom active, or in Content Library under products. Right-click on the product container, or doubled-click on the thumbnail to install.

Thank you!