Daz turns off and gives an irreversible error

Hi everyone.
I did the last render on April 2nd, after which the program shuts down as soon as I launch the render. A couple of times it shut down a few seconds after opening with nothing on the stage.
I would like to resolve this as soon as possible. If anyone can help me. Thank you

Monosnap DAZ Studio 2024-04-04 20.46.56.png
680 x 340 - 19K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049

Click More... and screenshot that. Also give details of your system, and the nVidia driver version you are using (right-click the Desktop>nVidia Control panel).

• dannagiusy64dannagiusy64 Posts: 431

Thanks for the reply. The operating system is Windows 10 64 bit.
     I attach screenshots of what you asked. 

Richard Haseltine said:

Click More... and screenshot that. Also give details of your system, and the nVidia driver version you are using (right-click the Desktop>nVidia Control panel).

Monosnap DAZ Studio 2024-04-05 23.53.18.png
    679 x 643 - 75K
    Monosnap DAZ Studio 2024-04-05 23.53.40.png
    653 x 612 - 68K
    Monosnap Pannello di controllo NVIDIA 2024-04-05 2.png
    962 x 710 - 75K

Maybe these 2 screenshots help. I'm sorry that they are written in Italian. I hope you understand anyway 

Richard Haseltine said:

Monosnap Informazioni sul sistema 2024-04-06 00.19.png
    569 x 505 - 25K
    Monosnap Informazioni sul sistema 2024-04-06 00.193.png
    561 x 516 - 25K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049

A 3GB card is very liited, I am amazed it has ever worked - assuming it has, and you haven't been doing CPU renders. How much system memory do you have?

• TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 238

Your 1060 GTX-series 3GB isn't useable these days unfortunately. Like Richard I am astonished you managed to get a render from it; between the Windows requirements and the RTX emulation code my mental arithmetic says you shouldn't have been able to do anything really.

Unfortunately there is no help to offer because optimising your scene is not an option. 1 - 2 GB is basically the amount needed to run Windows, Studio and non-RTX cards so there is barely anything left over for your renders. As a minimum, a *very* bare minimum,  you need an 8GB GPU but if you want to do something more than a portrait you'll need 12GB. The RTX 3060 is still the cheapest option. It's not fast, but it will work.

I don't know how you got any sort of iRay render out of your card previously but, honestly, you need a new one. That, and only that, will solve your problem unless you want to render on your CPU only. I know it's not what you want to hear but you need new hardware or accept slow render times using your CPU.

Thanks for the reply. It's strange, it's been good so far. The graphics card has been the same for 5 years 

Richard Haseltine said:

A 3GB card is very liited, I am amazed it has ever worked - assuming it has, and you haven't been doing CPU renders. How much system memory do you have?

Monosnap Sistema 2024-04-06 10.03.31.png
    1127 x 628 - 55K

I think the problem is with the hair I put on the character. I followed this tutorial 

and the issues with version 4.22. I solved it by removing a property of the material. At least, at the moment... 

Richard Haseltine said:

Thanks, I will definitely consider buying a new graphics card 

TimberWolf said:

Your 1060 GTX-series 3GB isn't useable these days unfortunately. Like Richard I am astonished you managed to get a render from it; between the Windows requirements and the RTX emulation code my mental arithmetic says you shouldn't have been able to do anything really.

Unfortunately there is no help to offer because optimising your scene is not an option. 1 - 2 GB is basically the amount needed to run Windows, Studio and non-RTX cards so there is barely anything left over for your renders. As a minimum, a *very* bare minimum,  you need an 8GB GPU but if you want to do something more than a portrait you'll need 12GB. The RTX 3060 is still the cheapest option. It's not fast, but it will work.

I don't know how you got any sort of iRay render out of your card previously but, honestly, you need a new one. That, and only that, will solve your problem unless you want to render on your CPU only. I know it's not what you want to hear but you need new hardware or accept slow render times using your CPU.