Cookie notifications on EVERY single page!

WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Every time I open any page now, I get a cookie notice. Each time I click preferences and Do Not Sell My Information and Save. Then as soon as I open another page, there it is again. The site is supposed to ask ONCE. Not every time you open a page! This is not conducive to checking out products and purchasing. Why does everything keep get worse here rather than better? Instead of wasting time and money on all these failed promotions for NFTs, Season Passes, and now AI, they need to fix their own website, marketing issues, Genesis 9 and DS. I'm just going to stop shopping if I have to click a cookie notice on every page I open!  How can we complain to someone who actually has power to fix this? 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,035

What ad blocker are you using? Some seem to stop the choice being recorded.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Richard Haseltine said:

What ad blocker are you using? Some seem to stop the choice being recorded.

I do all my shopping on an iPad. When they put ads on the site I started using Firefox for the forums and galleries with the built in ability to block ads. But for shopping I'm still using Safari which doesn't have an ad blocker AFAIK. The cookie notices are showing up in Safari on every page. I just tried here on Firefox with the ad blocker and I'm not getting the cookie notices but in the state of California sites are required to offer us an opportunity to opt out and I'm not even getting that choice on Firefox. I guess I'll do my shopping now on Firefox but I do not want them to sell my information and want the ability to click that button and have it stick as required in California. Why are they making everything so difficult?

• I had this and fixed it by clearing my browser cache for Daz3D.com

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I had this and fixed it by clearing my browser cache for Daz3D.com

How do you do that in Safari on an iPad? I don't want to delete my entire cache, just Daz. 

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,905

I don't use an ad blocker on my phone and I get the notification every single time as well. I'm about ready to give up checking in on the site as regularly as I do because of this. 

benniewoodell said:

I don't use an ad blocker on my phone and I get the notification every single time as well. I'm about ready to give up checking in on the site as regularly as I do because of this. 

Which browser? Is this iOS or Android?

• Wonderland said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I had this and fixed it by clearing my browser cache for Daz3D.com

How do you do that in Safari on an iPad? I don't want to delete my entire cache, just Daz.

Apologies, this is pretty convoluted.

Go to iOS settings

Find the Safari menu and go into that

Select advanced (right at the bottom)

Website data

Swipe left on Daz3D.com

Select delete

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,905

Richard Haseltine said:

benniewoodell said:

Safari on my iPhone. 

benniewoodell said:

Richard Haseltine said:

benniewoodell said:

Safari on my iPhone. 

Thanks, it's too small a sample to be sure but this does suggest there may be a Safari/MacOS issue. Can anyone else provide more evidence, or a counter example?

• MachineClawMachineClaw Posts: 137

Richard - it's pretty cut n dry.  Mac , iPhone, iPad all using safari the cookie notice on every page, clearing the cache does stop it for a while but it pops up at least once a day on my devices.

i no longer shop at Daz3d.  Ads on every forum page taking 3/4 of the page, all irrelevant stuff to me (Masters in data science degree program now), I know it;s google not daz but it's over and over and over again.  Hit the little down arrow , go to a new topics get logged out, log back in lose my place more ads.  It's incessant.

far less on my PC windows machine as I VPN and don't see this cookie issue as much, but very little time spent on Daz3d due to all the stuff going on (ads, logout, rerouted have to go back n hunt for where I was at - then I just go to another site.

there, there's some more data for ya.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,989
    edited April 6

And Wins 10 Pro  +  same as these others  + Thanx 

EDIT :  Chrome  +  perhaps not  ,  sorry  +  is everytime come on DAZ and sign-in +  Both

Post edited by ed3D on
  • IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,478

Yeah I had that too on my iPhone. Clearing my cache fixed it

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,067

I was getting the cookie prompt on every store page I looked at; did the update five times - firefox with adblock plus. I finally set adblock to block the cookie prompt.

After thinikg a while, I disabled adblock and viewed twenty or so store pages. Not once did I get the cookie prompt, but I did get some really inane 'ads'. So - back to adblock plus for now.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Safari here. Constant interruptions from unwanted and oppressive ads made me install a blocker. Now cookies on every store page. I am about done with this. If I have to fight the store much longer, I'll give up. Only been 20 years.

• MaARiTtiMaARiTti Posts: 43

Mac or PC! is on each my page setting survey. I'm tired of this. Please! can you fix the problem because it is your dataproblem and not the user's. Daz has  now too many pugs in program and on sites. I'm sorry, but it seems that everything is messed up plus the addition of AI?!  which is way to behind the others!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,523
    edited April 7

So how does one block the Cookie prompt?

I too get it on every page now, no matter what buttons are pushed.
    Using Yandex (Opera) on W7

Edit: Ctrl+Shift+R seems to have fixed it for now.

Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

It's back and this time CTRL+Shift+R didn't help... 

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

It's back and this time CTRL+Shift+R didn't help... 

Now at work with Chrome on W10 and there is no problem with the Cookie prompt.

• KerseyKersey Posts: 46

I had problem on Chrome both on Mac and PC. On one it was enough to temporarily turn off my adblocker completely (it was already off for this site, but that wasn't enough). On the other one some cookie was probably corrupt and couldn't be changed, cause I had to go in and delete every cookie related to Daz for it not to come back.

• LledelineLledeline Posts: 22

I had the cookie prompt every time I changed the page on my I pad with Safari and no ad blocker. I cleaned the cache of Daz and it's fixed now. Let's see  if it will last.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,506

Using Firefox on an Android phone, the cookie thing covers everything except the name of the forum. Using Chrome on an Android phone doesn't block the ads.

Cookie Prompt.png
    1440 x 2975 - 254K
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,615
    edited April 8

NylonGirl said:

Using Firefox on an Android phone, the cookie thing covers everything except the name of the forum. Using Chrome on an Android phone doesn't block the ads.

That is weird. With FF on iPhone, setting the cookies once cured the problem. I may have to set it again when I clear my cache, and that's easy enough to do. What happens when you view your phone in landscape mode (tipped sideways)?

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Cookie notifications every time you go to a different page kinda tells me that your settings are not being recorded... that with the really sus "Continue" ad with no explanation of what the f--- its linking to or downloading is like a new lowest, low bar.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,067

I got the cookie popup again - this time I had no blockers running when I filled out my preferences. I opened another store page in another tab - and got the cookie popup. So the preferences aren't being saved - and I've re-enabled Adblock Plus and I'm blocking the popup.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,506

Torquinox said:

NylonGirl said:

That is weird. With FF on iPhone, setting the cookies once cured the problem. I may have to set it again when I clear my cache, and that's easy enough to do. What happens when you view your phone in landscape mode (tipped sideways)?

I don't know. The problem is gone now. I have to wait till it comes back again for no reason. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,615

NylonGirl said:

I don't know. The problem is gone now. I have to wait till it comes back again for no reason. 

I'm glad the problem is gone! I hope it stays away for a good, long time! smiley

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    edited April 9

Torquinox said:

NylonGirl said:

I'm glad the problem is gone! I hope it stays away for a good, long time! smiley

It just came back. Every page I click has it despite clicking it. So frustrating. Have $248.00 store credit and 13 tokens but am just going to dump the cart and kiss the tokens goodbye. Sick of this!

Edited to add a few screenshots of a much bigger cart. - Dumped.

2024-04-08 1.JPG
    1911 x 1256 - 238K
    2024-04-08 2.JPG
    1931 x 1345 - 274K
    2024-04-08 3.JPG
    1928 x 1290 - 307K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • rokkrrokkr Posts: 42

Wonderland said:

Every time I open any page now, I get a cookie notice. Each time I click preferences and Do Not Sell My Information and Save. Then as soon as I open another page, there it is again. The site is supposed to ask ONCE. Not every time you open a page! This is not conducive to checking out products and purchasing. Why does everything keep get worse here rather than better? Instead of wasting time and money on all these failed promotions for NFTs, Season Passes, and now AI, they need to fix their own website, marketing issues, Genesis 9 and DS. I'm just going to stop shopping if I have to click a cookie notice on every page I open!  How can we complain to someone who actually has power to fix this? 

Yeah... Quite annoying... And I don't even use anything Apple so this is not a Safari exclusive issue.

Also, newest items I bought are not considered owned on the main site. It's OK on DIM and the product library page, so I'm not having issues using them, but it's annoying the fact they keep showing up when I search stuff even if the "Hide Items I Own" is checked.

Hope they solve those site issues promptly...

• rokkrrokkr Posts: 42

ArtAngel said:

Torquinox said:

NylonGirl said:

It just came back. Every page I click has it despite clicking it. So frustrating. Have $248.00 store credit and 13 tokens but am just going to dump the cart and kiss the tokens goodbye. Sick of this!

Edited to add a few screenshots of a much bigger cart. - Dum

ed.

How do you have this "price history"? I don't have this on my site... sad

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,113

rokkr said:

ArtAngel said:

Torquinox said:

NylonGirl said:

Edited to add a few screenshots of a much bigger cart. - Dum

ed.

How do you have this "price history"? I don't have this on my site... sad

It's from the DAZ Deals browser add-on