PROBLEM HAIR TEXTURE

Hello people of the forum! someone could help me with the textures of the hair I do not get that problem of the photo, where should I place the three textures so that the hair is not transparent or as if it were a ghost. I leave a capture. thank you and I hope q can help me! X(https://ibb.co/0qJkYLG

Comments

• cafrecitocafrecito Posts: 19

capture error!!

HAIR DAZ.png
    1221 x 703 - 1M
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,102

Try rendering, the Texture Shaded Drawstyle is not good with semi-transparent objects.

Richard Haseltine said:

Try rendering, the Texture Shaded Drawstyle is not good with semi-transparent objects.

I render but the problem is still there, it doesn't look good, I leave three hair textures, could you tell me where to place them please? thanks!

HAIR DAZ2.png
    1277 x 717 - 437K

Do I place base color on the first texture and place opacity of the dark ones ? or how would I place the black and white textures ?

cutout opacity of the dark ones X(

pl2450_00_hair_00_MM.png
    512 x 512 - 177K
    pl2450_00_hair_00_BM.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    pl2450_00_hair_00_MM_original.png
    512 x 512 - 162K
    HAIR DAZ3.png
    1255 x 723 - 463K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,222

I see "Horizontal Tiles: -7.03" as a non-default setting. Try setting tiling, both horizontal and vertical, to 1.

Gordig said:

I see "Horizontal Tiles: -7.03" as a non-default setting. Try setting tiling, both horizontal and vertical, to 1.

Hi thanks I have reset it again but still not catch me with the default settings.must be me that I do not put something right or I miss something else?

HAIR DAZ7.png
    1267 x 715 - 397K

I share my solution :), color base texture, black background and black and white texture in geometry that was edited in Photoshop. If someone had the same thing happen to them, that is the solution in Daz yes

HAIR DAZ8 solucion.png
    1149 x 683 - 350K
    Base Color black.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    cutout Opcity.png
    1024 x 1024 - 370K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,222

I didn't realize from your earlier screenshots that you were using a color map for cutout opacity, and that definitely explains things.

edited April 5

Gordig said:

I didn't realize from your earlier screenshots that you were using a color map for cutout opacity, and that definitely explains things.

I always had this problem and I could never solve it and it frustrated me, now I was able to take it a step further. Thank you! ;)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,102

Does the hair not come with materials presets?