Can Gen 9 character wear Gen 8 (or older) clothes?

Hello! I just into 3D Daz lately means I am new to this software and know very little how to use it.
I have some wishlists for my recent gen 9 character. One of clothes is for gen 8 and 8.1.

If G9 cannot wear this, then is there way that I can clone them for gen 9 or something like this? TIA

SS

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If you use an item for another generation, there will come up a dialogue box, asking for which generation and sex the item is, and it will then try to morph it into place.

This is called autofit. The result can be fine or it can have issues which might need correction.

Autofit fails on shoes with heels.

An alternative is to use a converter. You can find them in the store, RSSY have for most generations.

• sir_sephysir_sephy Posts: 14

It went not well as I applied the belt to pants. I tried mesh smoothing but it is not enough. is there anther way can I fix it? If not, maybe there is any product that gen 3 - 8 clothes fit on gen 9? it's worth to ask

TIA

SS

Screenshot 2024-04-10 212938.png
    1338 x 1033 - 651K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,446
    edited April 10

Threads merged.

What settings did you use? Is the belt meant to go with the pants?

In Daz Studio a Push Modifier may help, but I suspect not here (it moves the surface in and out and it looks as if the belt has separate inside and outside, so one would move towards the skin when the other moved out). Another option is a dForm, which will move the mesh in the same way that the dForm is moved relative to its base. Both can be weight-mapped, to limnit the area of effect, and the dForm is created with a spherical field which is a simpler way to limit the effect - in this case you might use the sphere to enclose the problem area of the belt, then move the dForm on the X and Z axes to pull the belt out.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • sir_sephysir_sephy Posts: 14

dForm is very much helpful. Thank you so much.