Problem with VDB Laser Blades?

WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can't get https://www.daz3d.com/vdb-laser-blades-and-poses to work correctly. When I put on the shader for the blade part, it is still just solid white and when I put the volume shader on the volume part, it just turns into a white solid rectangle. Anyone else have this problem, know how to fix it or know what I'm doing wrong? This is in iRay preview mode. I don't think I've used volumetric shaders before so maybe I'm doing something wrong? 

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Well I bumped the density WAY up and manually changed the color of the blade in surfaces to get it to work. It seems the product itself isn't working correctly and the user has to fix it manually. 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,276
    edited April 2

Ah,  I don't know if you found the solution but here it is:

Load your VDB laser blade
    Expand it in the Scene tab (notice the blade is made of three parts: sabre, blade, and volume)

Select "blade", and in the Surface tab, apply Blade Color to the blade

Select "volume", and in the Surface tab, apply Volume Color to the volume
    Render

example.png
    1312 x 1073 - 102K
    example 2.png
    914 x 1016 - 261K
    example 3.png
    1994 x 722 - 688K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

Also might want to check that emissive is turned on in the settings for the Volume node.  That worked for me.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Yes, as I posted earlier, the user has to make all sorts of adjustments. This doesn't work out-of-the-box. 

• Wonderland said:

Yes, as I posted earlier, the user has to make all sorts of adjustments. This doesn't work out-of-the-box. 

For me it works fine, just need to add the wanted Blade and Volume color (as expected)