How to find stuff buyed and installed in the Content Library tab?

Ok this ussue it happen to me many times before. Recently I bought "Minnie bow" for a character. I installed trough DazCentral"... No problem. Now I sped hours looking for the product in the Content Library panel and still no found it. The only way is typing in the search area on the top for "bow" or "Minnie"... I searched in Props.. but nothing.  Please Daz Team... for the next version try to add the option "Show in Content Library"... or add Video tutorial showing how. Thanks! You are the best.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,719

If it is this https://www.daz3d.com/minnie-bow-hair you will find it under poser content.

In DIM it can show which files are installed and where - I don't know if Daz Central can the same.

• KazeKaze Posts: 51

What you can do is actually downloading the product files from DAZ3D and look at the folder structure to see where DAZ would have placed the files. Sometimes the placement is convenient, but like you said it can take hours trying to navigate the content library especially if you have a lot of products installed. I myself have hundreds of GB of content and sometimes I have to do this to figure out where something was placed. Thankfully a lot of the structure makes sense, especially for characters since they are most always in the people folder. It is props, architecture, and scripts that I find the most difficult to find.

I hope that helps.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,777

It absolutely shouldn't be this difficult to find the products you buy. But it is.

The first place I look is within the Products section of the Content Library. There you can find everything listed alphabetically by product name. Once you've found it there, you can right-click an item and choose "Show Asset in > Virtual Folder" to see it in its actual part of the tree. Be warned that producers of old Poser content seem to take a perverse pleasure in scattering the different parts of a product in totally different parts of the tree.

• john_antkowiakjohn_antkowiak Posts: 334

I got so tired of looking for stuff I had just bought that now I manually install everything. I still don't use "Smart Content" or DIM or Daz Central for anything. I did that when discovered it wasn't enough to know the name of the item I had bought; I had to know the Product Artist's name of everything I bought because that's how Daz and Poser set up their file structures. (I was looking for my new clothing item under People/Genesis 3 Male/Clothing/Brand-New-Item and it wasn't there because it's under People/Genesis 3 Male/Clothing/Some-Artist-I-Never-Heard-Of/Brand-New-Item instead.) There are whole forum threads about how to do that, but I could talk a little more about it here if anyone's interested in my personal solution. Other solutions may vary. But you know what? I know exactly where to find everything I own. Always. 

smiley