I need a (G9) woman's skin -- [SOLVED! THANK YOU!]

SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 194
edited March 31 in The Commons

I need a (G9) woman's skin...but not in a Silence of the Lambs way, really!

I dialed my custom characters up based on the freebies that come with Daz Studio. Unfortunately, it means my two women have the exact same freckles. One of them it really suits her. The other shouldn't have freckles. 

Can anyone rec me a character with pale skin and minimal freckling/beauty marks? I have removed a couple dark spots in GIMP from the base G9 guy character's skin, so I can deal with that level of alteration if it is necessary, but the ones that are prevalent all over are beyond my capabilities.

TIA!

Post edited by SilverGirl on

Comments

• PancakePancake Posts: 40
    edited March 31

It depends - do you need genitals?
    If not, Josie and Pixie are perfect, they have very minimal skin detail.

As for PA content - MagicBrush and VOOTW characters are generally quite blemish free

If you do need genitals, Jennie and Tara are quite blemish free, though you might need to edit out minor distinct markings. (I find it easiest to do this in Gimp by flipping the skin on a layer below and cutting holes where the distinct markings are)

Kiri is also blemish free, given it's intended to be a photoreal/anime hybrid. Looks pretty good on more realistic character shapes!

For PA content, Mousso is the go-to for very clear female skins, although they only come with female genitals so you can't do anything, err, too creative.

If you truly want skins with absolutely no moles, beauty spots, freckles, or anything else, then you might want to look at merchant resources.

Post edited by Pancake on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 478
    edited April 3

Edit: Never mind, I misunderstood the question. =)

Pancake answered it before I finished my post and their answer was much better. 

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • TimberWolfTimberWolf Posts: 238

I'll recommend this one - Van Helsing 9 - https://www.daz3d.com/van-helsing-9-hd

Skin is pale and very neutral with no obvious marks, ideal for overlays or alteration and the HD details are very nicely done too. She's not orange, like a fair few characters, so doesn't need SSS alteration and the promo photos don't do the character justice imo. On sale at the mo for only $20. In my opinion this model is one of the most believable and interesting 'name' characters released on the store.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 194

Shimrian said:

Why not just do a store search? Select characters, select filters on left and expand the Figure category and check genesis 9. Next sort from low to high and browse for characters that have a skin you like. If you want, you can also try sorting by most popular. Price will very based on quality, but there are tons of light skinned characters. Some will include both masculine and feminine nipples, but some don't. Not sure if that matters for you or not, but the skins should work fine on all G9 characters. :)

Example search: https://www.daz3d.com/characters#filter_compat_figures=Genesis%209&order=price%5E-1&filtered=1

I know how to search/filter, but thanks. Was asking for recs specifically because there are a TON of light-skinned female characters, and I was hoping to not have to look at all of them for freckle distribution if some kind soul with greater experience/knowledge happened to know of a product offhand that would suit.  

Pancake said:

It depends - do you need genitals?
    If not, Josie and Pixie are perfect, they have very minimal skin detail.

As for PA content - MagicBrush and VOOTW characters are generally quite blemish free

If you do need genitals, Jennie and Tara are quite blemish free, though you might need to edit out minor distinct markings. (I find it easiest to do this in Gimp by flipping the skin on a layer below and cutting holes where the distinct markings are)

Kiri is also blemish free, given it's intended to be a photoreal/anime hybrid. Looks pretty good on more realistic character shapes!

For PA content, Mousso is the go-to for very clear female skins, although they only come with female genitals so you can't do anything, err, too creative.

If you truly want skins with absolutely no moles, beauty spots, freckles, or anything else, then you might want to look at merchant resources.

Thank you for the recs! (And for the GIMP tip. That is... significantly easier sounding than the way I was doing it.)

I've contemplated merchant resources, but I'll be the first to admit they sort of intimidate the hell out of me. Super new to this digital art thing, and my eyes kind of cross when stuff gets particularly technical. (I'd love to get that level of proficiency someday, though! Time and practice!) 

• savagestugsavagestug Posts: 144

If you are looking for a really pale skin, check out Death for G9

Pancake said:

For PA content, Mousso is the go-to for very clear female skins, 

This tip won the day - Sheena looks like exactly what I'm after! Thank you so much for giving me a good starting place!

TimberWolf said:

I'll recommend this one - Van Helsing 9 - https://www.daz3d.com/van-helsing-9-hd

Skin is pale and very neutral with no obvious marks, ideal for overlays or alteration and the HD details are very nicely done too. She's not orange, like a fair few characters, so doesn't need SSS alteration and the promo photos don't do the character justice imo. On sale at the mo for only $20. In my opinion this model is one of the most believable and interesting 'name' characters released on the store.

Not quite what I was after for this character, but I bookmarked her because she looks like she'd be useful later for someone else. Thank you!! 

• PancakePancake Posts: 40

Glad to be of some help :)

For what it's worth, merchant resources aren't too complicated if you're using them the way you would any other materials.

You load your G9 model, select it in the panel of objects in your scene, then go to the merchant resource's folder and there'll be a bunch of skins to choose from. Just double click them and they'll load onto your model. Same process you would use for any other skin loading onto an already loaded character model.

• franky85franky85 Posts: 112

[email protected] said:

I second this. Just change the translucency color from blue to white and the skin has a normal tint afterwards.

Pancake said:

Glad to be of some help :)

For what it's worth, merchant resources aren't too complicated if you're using them the way you would any other materials.

You load your G9 model, select it in the panel of objects in your scene, then go to the merchant resource's folder and there'll be a bunch of skins to choose from. Just double click them and they'll load onto your model. Same process you would use for any other skin loading onto an already loaded character model.

Oh! Well that's cool. I hadn't realized that the base bits were already compatible... I thought something had to be done to them first before they'd work. Keeping it in mind for future.

franky85 said:

[email protected] said:

I second this. Just change the translucency color from blue to white and the skin has a normal tint afterwards.

Wishlisting for future (and bookmarking this comment so I remember what to do to it to make it work...)

Thank you!

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Shimrian said:

Why not just do a store search? Select characters, select filters on left and expand the Figure category and check genesis 9. Next sort from low to high and browse for characters that have a skin you like. If you want, you can also try sorting by most popular. Price will very based on quality, but there are tons of light skinned characters. Some will include both masculine and feminine nipples, but some don't. Not sure if that matters for you or not, but the skins should work fine on all G9 characters. :)

Example search: https://www.daz3d.com/characters#filter_compat_figures=Genesis%209&order=price%5E-1&filtered=1

unfortunately the store search isn't much better than a random listing.

For example, the list you linked also includes stuff like hair, prosthetic legs, mech suits, and other random things.

I wish it were better.

IceCrMn said:

unfortunately the store search isn't much better than a random listing.

For example, the list you linked also includes stuff like hair, prosthetic legs, mech suits, and other random things.

I wish it were better.

I feel so bad for the PA's that the store search is as useless as it is. There are so many times I've been looking for a particular prop and given up, only to later find it in some random environment set. For example, a piano. All searches for a piano give you just grand pianos, and I wanted an upright. (Seriously, how many lower-middle-class folk do you know have a grand piano in their living room??) I gave up... and then a few weeks later, the D+ weekly freebie was an i13 environment that had an upright in it. And later, I picked up a prop pack for something else entirely... and THAT had an upright in it, too! Likewise cat statues, nesting dolls...