Converting dforce clothing to "nomal"

To begin with: I hate dforce clothing.

In this age of conversions.....is there any way to convert dforce clothing to 

"normal".

Will pay for a converter 

Thank you

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093

If it is already rigged then what would you want changed? If not, use Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility - but something that is dForce only may well work poorly as purely rigged clothing,unless you pre-simulate to generate lots of draping morphs.

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

I purchased the John Bundle. Included was a Tunic outfit (plus bought textures).

If the figure is in the DaVinci pose or you move his head....everthing is fine.

If you put the figure in any type "Full body" pose it is a mess.

When I run the simulation on one computer (I have two) I get any error message that, according to the

forums here is caused by my vdeo card, so that leaves going to zbrush and adjusting

On the second computer it runs the simulation. I am currently on the third hour of one of a two piece set

There must be a better way, can't imagine doing this.

P.S. I am only intered=sted in still images

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited March 30

This https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-ah-john-tunic-outfit-for-genesis-9 ? The actual tunic might be riggable, though the wide armholes would probably be tricky (because a part that needs to follow the upper arm needs to join to a part that follows the torso, and those bones don't touch in the hierarchy), but the draped cloth would be pretty much impossible given that it needs to follow both the right shoulder and the left forearm, and bend smoothly between. In gernal the looser the outfit, in whole or in part, the less likely it is to work as a traditional, rigged item. I suppose the draping cloth could be rigged to the should or the forarm, but then make the rest of it some kind of independently posable strip that the user would have to adjust to go where it was needed - but that isn't soemthing that could be automated in a covnerter, and it wouldn't apply to all items that wouldn't take a standard human rig.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Thank you so very much for ypur time, totally appreciate it, as usual.

The total time for both items was well over three hours....render time was less

Even then had to spend tile in photoshop adjusting.

Now

To your knowledge is the any itemss I might buy to make this easier

Thank you

• felisfelis Posts: 3,713

If you go to Simulation setting > Advanced, is your GPU then listed there (assuming that you have one)?

You could try to select the clothing items and the character in the scne tab, and then Simulate selected. It should go faster as there is fewer objects the simulation has to calculate.

Thank you will try!!