Two GPU's but only one working

Hello

Recently I have upgraded my machine and now I have two GPUs. In Render Settings > Advanced tab, I have selected both GPUs, but when I look in Task Manager at performance I see that one GPU is used 100% while the other is at 0%. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,215

A) Which two GPUs? If one has substantially more VRAM than the other, that might explain it, because a render will only use GPUs that can fit the scene into their VRAM

B) Task Manager doesn't give a particularly accurate view of GPU usage. Try GPU-Z.

• hapciupalithapciupalit Posts: 113

Gordig said:

A) Which two GPUs? If one has substantially more VRAM than the other, that might explain it, because a render will only use GPUs that can fit the scene into their VRAM

B) Task Manager doesn't give a particularly accurate view of GPU usage. Try GPU-Z.

Thank you. I have tried the GPU-Z thing and there it showed that both GPUs where working. It seems that the problem was with the Task Manager 

• What GPU's are you using for this?  I'm assuming they're Nvidia GPU's so that you can GPU render, as AMD GPU's aren't supported for GPU rendering in DAZ at present [unless something changed since I last checked].  I'm looking to do another dual GPU build with Nvidia GPU's this time, but it's a bit difficult to find updated information about which cards still have mGPU support.  I believe Nvidia once had it on the 3060, then removed it after the 40 Series was released.  I've been asking around but no one would respond.  When I look up the specs, there's no mention of it aside from the standard mGPU is dead schtick that isn't actually true outside of gaming.