Dark sclera on Iray bug

I was about to render a whole scene when I came across that two of my G8F female characters (Ellie and Dina from TLOU) had their sclera black, but in Texture Shading Mode the sclera are normal, only when I render their sclera become black. Any solution to this bug?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

It's not a bug but just a geometry instances clipping issue due to different reasons...

Go to Render Settings pane, Optimization path, in Instancing Optimization slot, set the value to Memory or Speed. See if the issue's gone or not.

• crosswind said:

It's not a bug but just a geometry instances clipping issue due to different reasons...

Go to Render Settings pane, Optimization path, in Instancing Optimization slot, set the value to Memory or Speed. See if the issue's gone or not.

Thank you very much! It worked! I changed the options you mentioned, and the black eyes disappeared from my two characters, phew! Hahaha. What a strange problem! I've never had this happen before when rendering more than 40 images, it was the first time it happened, but anyway if it happens again, now I'll know how to fix it.

• CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 280

It's an issue with the eye Moisture. If that doens't work for any reason you can set the eye moisture to like 90% I think and it works as well. 

• Coryllon said:

It's an issue with the eye Moisture. If that doens't work for any reason you can set the eye moisture to like 90% I think and it works as well. 

I followed the steps that the crosswind said, and it worked perfectly without having to change the moisture in her eyes, but thanks for your help!