Dforce simulation running slow after 2nd time

Hi, i ahve this problem, 1st time i run any simulation, including 2 and more pieces of clothing, its done in less than 1 minute, second time, when i adjust even only texture or any slight touch to either of the Dforce clothes, it suddenly takes up to 8 minute to simulate the same clothes, how can i solve this? Only solution i found is randomly adjusting sliders by 1% and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.. It's really annoying. The same happen in full or empty scene... im running on RTX 4070 Ti...

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

If the property values on dynamic surfaces changed or if there're more intersection / collision in between clohting and/or figure's body part, etc. it might bring you longer simulation time. You can double-check them first.

• crosswind said:

If the property values on dynamic surfaces changed or if there're more intersection / collision in between clohting and/or figure's body part, etc. it might bring you longer simulation time. You can double-check them first.

I checked and nothing changes, al lvalues were kept the same, after closing DAZ and re-opening the scene, same thing happened 1st simulation done in 40 seconds, then i hit Simulate again without changing anything and it took 9 minutes 32 seconds....

That seems odd...  If you can name the clothing products, we may see if we have them and are able to simulate them with your case.

• crosswind said:

That seems odd...  If you can name the clothing products, we may see if we have them and are able to simulate them with your case.

Namely its CeeCee Basics from renderosity and  dForce SU JK School Uniform Suit for Genesis 9, 8.1, and 8 Female

Oh... unfortunately I only have SU JK...

A suggestion: you can separately replace each garment with another one for a test... Reset Simulation Settings beforehand.

• Did you increase your collision and smoothing iterations?  That will definitely do it if you're trying to minimize intersecting and poke through.  My simulation times increased when I did that to get higher quality simulations with less poke through.  I wish we could enter multiple collision items in the panel to prevent intersecting and poke through altogether.  I think 5 - 8 per object would be just right.

• fearthefailure said:

Did you increase your collision and smoothing iterations?  That will definitely do it if you're trying to minimize intersecting and poke through.  My simulation times increased when I did that to get higher quality simulations with less poke through.  I wish we could enter multiple collision items in the panel to prevent intersecting and poke through altogether.  I think 5 - 8 per object would be just right.

I tried, it seems to help a bit, but definitely not the cause i guess, but i guess that will do, better 4 minutes, instead almost 10, thanks for tips though