Genesis 9 nipples: too low?

I have been trying all sorts of things but it really looks like the placement of G9's nipples is too low on the breasts. I have come across that problem several times. Not only does it not look good but also, a few textures set I have purchased here and there just don't match. I had no such problem on G8. If I tried to make her nipples and areola's "perk up" it looked fine, but G9 simple doesn't look right... is it just me?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,671

Are you talking about male or female nipples?

• I mean female.  

felis said:

Are you talking about male or female nipples?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,671

I can see that the nipples are lower compared to G8F.

I remember it being said that G8F was modelled as if her breasts were in a bra. It looks to me as if G9(F) is more toards bra-less in default shape.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Aging is a b*h, just saying.

• In any case, it's worse than just being a bra-less thing. The coordinates of the nipples make no sense.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,347

I'm kind of tired of all the complaints about where G9F's nipples are, so here, have some morphs that move the nipples:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dx1dfkgkkzber7/G9F_Nipple_Position_20240328.zip/file

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,754

as someone who has looked at way to many reference photos for making characters I can assure you there is no "proper" placement for nipples on a woman (or a man for that matter). Chest shapes are very diverse, some with nipples placed high, some very low, some wide and some closer together. there really is no one "proper" place.

• gcjellyfishgcjellyfish Posts: 55

One site to rule them all, One site to find them, One site to bring them all, and in the brassiere bind them.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,443

solution, wear a top

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,234

Being how I am older and a man, My nipples are too low, along with the lower appendage getting lower to the ground. I blame gravity.

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,031

second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 said:

I have been trying all sorts of things but it really looks like the placement of G9's nipples is too low on the breasts. I have come across that problem several times. Not only does it not look good but also, a few textures set I have purchased here and there just don't match. I had no such problem on G8. If I tried to make her nipples and areola's "perk up" it looked fine, but G9 simple doesn't look right... is it just me?

They have an expected placement for natural, adult breasts. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,568

i do pinups mostly and I have yet to see an issue with nipple placement on G9. Too bad we can't post images to see the issue.

• Idealised around someone in their early twenties and with good genes. Which is an improvement on G8.

• Matt_Castle said:

I'm kind of tired of all the complaints about where G9F's nipples are, so here, have some morphs that move the nipples:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9dx1dfkgkkzber7/G9F_Nipple_Position_20240328.zip/file

Assuming they move them onto the forehead?

• Thanks Matt! Using your morphs and tweaking the textures slightly, I managed to get where I wanted... Now G9 doesn't look like the crushing power of a gravity engine is doing a number on her. 

Matt_Castle said:

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,265
    edited March 26

Thanks Matt! Using your morphs and tweaking the textures slightly, I managed to get where I wanted... Now G9 doesn't look like the crushing power of a gravity engine is doing a number on her. 

Matt_Castle said:

I thought someone was going going to make a reference to the movie, L.A. Story, when Steve Martin comments on Sarah Jessica Parkers' breasts and she say's that they look strange because they are real.

Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295

Thanks Matt, much appreciated.

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507

No, it is not just you. When you upgrade for example Charlotte 8 to Genesis 9 using the RSSY Character Converter, and but them side by side it is evident. Too low and to far out. I use the Vinme morphs to adjust it.

I logged a ticket about it to Daz some month ago, still waiting on a reply.

alienarea said:

If you are asking for changes to the base figure, that is utterly impracticable. Daz cannot make changes to the base figure without breaking everything built off it.

If the morphs I provided earlier aren't sufficient, even Daz can't do much more than that at this stage. For a rough analogy, it'd be like trying to swap out a building's foundations after it's finished. (And yes, while I'm sure it has been done on occasion, firstly, analogies are not direct parallels and secondly, I'm sure it was a huge job).

As someone who's mucked around a lot with the technical guts of this, trust me, it's not possible to alter the base figure without causing huge problems.

using the RSSY Character Converter,

I will add that as far as any converter, decisions have to be made about how to map one figure onto another.

When it comes to something like my stupid projects to convert clothes to centaurs...

... I have had to tell it which parts of a normal humanoid G8 figure to fit to which parts of the horse body; there's not one single objectively correct answer. (Honestly, I've had some really, really bizarre results when asking an AI to generate images of centaurs wearing clothes, because as "obvious" as it might seem to humans how things should fit, it's not actuall a fixed rule).

Indeed, I've actually got several conversion templates that map things differently so I can try to get the best look. Even on a humanoid-to-humanoid transfer, the creator has to make choices about what factors they priortise reproducing, and the end results will never be identical in all circumstances.

The fact that a converter doesn't make G8 and G9 look absolutely identical is not entirely down to G9 as a base model, some of it is that that's that vendor's interpretation of how the transfer should be done.

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507

Matt_Castle said:

alienarea said:

If you are asking for changes to the base figure, that is utterly impracticable. Daz cannot make changes to the base figure without breaking everything built off it.

If the morphs I provided earlier aren't sufficient, even Daz can't do much more than that at this stage. For a rough analogy, it'd be like trying to swap out a building's foundations after it's finished. (And yes, while I'm sure it has been done on occasion, firstly, analogies are not direct parallels and secondly, I'm sure it was a huge job).

As someone who's mucked around a lot with the technical guts of this, trust me, it's not possible to alter the base figure without causing huge problems.

using the RSSY Character Converter,

I will add that as far as any converter, decisions have to be made about how to map one figure onto another.

When it comes to something like my stupid projects to convert clothes to centaurs...

... I have had to tell it which parts of a normal humanoid G8 figure to fit to which parts of the horse body; there's not one single objectively correct answer. (Honestly, I've had some really, really bizarre results when asking an AI to generate images of centaurs wearing clothes, because as "obvious" as it might seem to humans how things should fit, it's not actuall a fixed rule).

Indeed, I've actually got several conversion templates that map things differently so I can try to get the best look. Even on a humanoid-to-humanoid transfer, the creator has to make choices about what factors they priortise reproducing, and the end results will never be identical in all circumstances.

The fact that a converter doesn't make G8 and G9 look absolutely identical is not entirely down to G9 as a base model, some of it is that that's that vendor's interpretation of how the transfer should be done.

It's not about the converter. For example, Gia 8 and Amelia 9 have very similar bodies except for the face. Put them side by side and you will see.

I would post pictures, but the nudity of this topic doesn't allow.

edited March 28

alienarea said:

For example, Gia 8 and Amelia 9 have very similar bodies except for the face. Put them side by side and you will see.

Two different characters looking different is not evidence. I could absolutely morph a G8F figure to have her nipples lower, or a G9 figure to have her nipples higer.

The figures can be morphed. The body shapes can be changed. Where G9's nipples are by default does not particularly force where a morph creator can choose to have them in the end.

This? This is the G8F centaur. (If you look at her feet, you can see where I've had to simplify the shape of the toes because of the available mesh detail).

For a fuller demonstration, I did it as an experiment that eventually turned into this transformation sequence on my gallery. There is no compositing there, that is me morphing a figure the whole way between human and centaur.

If I (someone with no special vendor tools at all) can make a horse into a person, then anyone creating morphs for G9 absolutely has the flexibility to morph exactly where the nipples are on the breast. If they've put the nipples somewhere, they *chose* to do that, it is not a fundamental limitation of G9.

It's not about the converter. 

And yet, if I do a conversion with my own tools, the nipples line up just fine.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on